Seversky P-35: UPDATE: 1/1/15: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Rick

A partner in crime for sure and some mighty large repairs on the Jug's Alclad finish. Somehow, I just never was ab;e to reply the alclad over the repair to blend in correctly. After 3 Tamiya Mustang's, I thought I had the procedure down pat but such was not the case. How did the final repairs come out?

Peter

And you guy's wonder why I use aluminum foil.

Looks like a "Nice Save" is in order Peter.

After scribing a complete you feel better about re-scribing a few lines after seam repair.....I still hate it

Looking forward to seeing this  Grand-pappy to the Jug  in all her colorful glory

Nice job and nice job after the repairs

watch'in you :hmmm: :frantic: :hmmm:

jack

Peter-

I had to chime in and tell you what an awesome job I think you are doing on this old pig of a kit.......I know it has been challenging for you at various stages, but I think you will agree that once you complete it, you will gain an enormous sense of satisfaction from it, more so than a shake and bake kit. As far as repairing the alclad, I have never had much luck feathering it in either. I have had to sand and respray entire panels in the past. But I must say your perseverance is paying off. Please keep the updates coming!

Happy Holidays-

THOR    :ninja:

Thanks Rick

A partner in crime for sure and some mighty large repairs on the Jug's Alclad finish. Somehow, I just never was ab;e to reply the alclad over the repair to blend in correctly. After 3 Tamiya Mustang's, I thought I had the procedure down pat but such was not the case. How did the final repairs come out?

Peter

The pics I posted is the current build status.  This really set me back (emotionally) so I put her on deck and have been focusing on my Tiffy and FW190 Mistel.

I am planning to mask around the guilty panels and reapply primer and my Tamiya Black/Clear/Leveling Thinner brew.  From there I will start all over with Alclad application.  If fail, I will reapply primer, et al globally.

Edited by Rick K

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Bob

It was touch and go for a while and at one point, I thought the Seversky was winning but lady Luck stepped in and all is back underway now.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian

I was starting to cave in but all the enthusiastic support kept me plugging away. Right now, I'm doing some decaling and getting ready to paint on the fuselage and cowl stripes.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Jack

I'm right with you and looking for the Jug's Grand-pappy to cross the finish line, Believe me, when it comes to screwing up, doesn't matter what the finish is, I create a disaster.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thor

Holy smokes, thanks for checking in and it's been touch and go - nothing like the easy kits of yesteryear. Sometimes, I'll keep the update coming and roll this 'classic' across the line.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Rick

Right with you for sure. After all the aggravation, I've been toying with using Tamiya Gloss for the Base, which is what I used for small areas on other builds.

Hoping you get back to the Jug and the repair works out perfectly. Keep us in the loop on your progress.

Peter