Box art photos needed for Academy kits

LSP_K2

Slowly but surely I intend to start gathering more box art images for the database. The first being the currently listed Academy kits. If you have any of these kits, and could take a nice photo as per these guidelines, we'd most certainly like to have them. There are currently 28 (or 31), kits listed, with 13 (or 14), still awaiting cover images.

Many have contributed images already, but more help is needed to bring the database closer to completion.

Bell UH-1C Huey #2196 - Done!

Bell UH-1C Huey #2199 - Done!

Bell UH-1C Huey #12701 - Done! Thanks, Kotr

McDonnell-Douglas AH-64A Apache #12581

McDonnell-Douglas AH-64D Apache Longbow #2582

McDonnell-Douglas AH-64D Apache Longbow #12582

McDonnell-Douglas AH-64G Apache #2581

Nieuport 17 #2190  - Done! Thanks, Matt

North American P-51D Mustang #FA017

Northrop F/A-18C Hornet #2192

Northrop F/A-18D Hornet #2193

Sopwith Camel F.1 #2189 - Done!

General Dynamics KF-16D #12108 - Done!

Nieuport 17 #12121

As is typical, we prefer that contributors use their own images, as opposed to snatching them from the WWW.

(Why the Hornets are referred to as Northrop products, I have no idea.)

Complete Academy listing (public), can be found here.

The Academy Hornet kits themselves don't seem to list a manufacturer, so I suspect whoever started the database may have just made an error. To be quite honest, I don't even know what the origin of the database is.

To be quite honest, I don't even know what the origin of the database is.

It was originally started by Bruce Hearn (slartibartfast), and was hosted on LSP as a downloadable spreadsheet. In the long run it made sense to convert it into a proper online database, and it has grown from there.

Kev

Northrop was the OEM

While that may well be, I believe most folks associate this aircraft with McDonnell Douglas, I know I sure do. Much like the Harrier, despite being started by someone else, the McDonnell Douglas name is generally associated with it.

Academy #12701 (could swear I already sent you this, but maybe i just wanted to) :)

I've had the same feeling regarding the Nieuport 17 kit. I've owned it twice now, and could swear I'd already added the photo to the database, but it wasn't there.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Kevin,

I believe kit # 2192 is a 1/35 offering of the Sikorsky UH-60L Black Hawk and # 2193 a 1/35 one of the Bell AH-1W Super Cobra.

The Hornet codes may have changed between initial announcement and release.

The Hornet began life as the Northrop YF-17 which flew off against the General Dynamics YF-16 in the Light-Weight Fighter competition of the early-mid 1970s. The USAF selected the F-16, and the Northrop design was later Navalised into the F/A-18 by McDonnell-Douglas with Northrop having a share. It is, of course, now a Boeing product.

HTH

Tony

Take a look at scalemates.com

#2199: 

107443-b.jpg

2196boxg.jpg

academy-2189-sopwith-camel-f-1-ex-hobbyc

51ioHXI793L._SX466_.jpg

From the Apaches i can only find the Kangnam ripoff boxes. You could use them as the artwork is the same as Academy's version...

Cheers, Wouter