Wespengeschwader Bf 110C

LSP_K2

Yeah mine's got the same cover as yours, funny what you can find - the E nose intake is also included in all the kits so far. I've got the Dacklebauch kit that I plan to make as per the profile on page 76, which I've just noticed seems to have the larger tailplane trimtabs...  :hmmm:

Yep, extended tail on yours too it appears. Looks like I'll have to fill in the rear pit air door, as it wasn't a feature of the C. The Classic Publications (Vasco), book is outstanding. I'm just beginning to go through it now, and it's just loaded with good information.

Coming along nicely, Kevin! :goodjob:

John

Thanks, John, I appreciate the input. If it comes out half as nice as your Hs 129, I'll be ecstatic.

No, it doesn't. I have the same kit as you and I'm converting it into an E. The enlarged trim tabs look like this:

Bf%2520110%2520fin%2520Sweden.jpg

(picture shown for discussion purpose only)

I think the illustration Kag was referring to in the Schiffer book, page 76, has the enlarged trim tabs, not necessarily the kit.

Yep Kevin is correct, it's the real aircraft which has the enlarged trim tabs, not the D kit, an easy fix though as you said. Always liked the extended tail, and the Wasps of course.

I just a few moments ago realized that the Dragon kit has wonderful Carograf decals for the Wespen, as well as an appropriately sized black S that I can use as a template for the black outlined white S I need for this machine. The extra set of decals I purchased (EagleCals), may not be necessary after all.

Kevin,

I'm a fan of Cartograf decals, too. However, I think the EC set is worth it, if not just for the stencils and you'll have a backup in case something goes wrong with that big wasp on the nose! I know decals like that, especially on a surface that shape, are not always the easiest thing to apply and sometimes "shtuff" happens. :lol: I realize that your winter camo scheme is going to cover most of the stencils, but it would really add to the model to have them peeking through, here and there.

I know you guys get snow occasionally in St. Louis. I'm thinking you'll have this done in plenty of time to get some really cool, "wintery" outdoor shots! ;) :D

John

Yep, backups are never a bad thing. And I agree, the stencils, where they can be seen, may add a certain something to the finished kit. As to outdoor shots, I hate winter, and try to avoid it as much as possible.

I've also come to realize that the Eduard interior set (#32628), will be virtually useless to me; lots of work for very little appreciable gain. There are a few elements that I may end up using, but not much.

I feel that way about a lot of Eduard's stuff. I'm kind of liking the Zoom series, but they seem to always leave that one part out that you would like to have from the full set. That's how they get you! Their pre-painted colors can be hit or miss, too. :mellow:

This looks to be a pretty good kit, right out of the box. I don't think I'll spend a ton on AM for it. Maybe the Zoom set for the IP and possibly new exhausts, but I haven't really looked at those real close, yet. Too many other things to get done, first.

John

The Eduard IP is horrible. The panel itself is too bi-dimensional with the colors that have a grainy texture and do not resemble the RLM's, better get the Airscale AS32LUFT set and work with that..

For your edification, take a look at this (scroll to about mid page): http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=196309

OK, until I receive a new light box (whenever that might be), looks like the quality of my photos is going to suffer, but not much I can do about that at the moment. (I've asked Santa for one;... we'll see what happens there.) Starboard sidewall is used here to help position radio operator seat frame.

102214_zpsba0e750e.jpg

Ye old gusset installation. Kit instructions are really lousy here, allowing the modeler to be creative in their installation, or just figure it out slowly. I have no idea if these are correct or not, but since I don't typically worry about wells too much, I'm OK with it.

1022144_zpsa21e3ac1.jpg