Mig -17F I'm in again

Bruce

OK sports fans...I did some work on the wheel wells.  I got all the super structure in and now just need to add some piping and wires.  I also tackled the speed brake and exhaust area and think I have my problems solved.  Now I need to make a mold for the exhaust so I can insert it then do the engine.

DSCF4336.jpg

DSCF4340.jpg

DSCF4342.jpg

DSCF4347.jpg

hope you enjoy the update,

Bruce

Bruce, I'm watching very close to your build. I have a 15 and 17 in the stash and this is great stuff, especially the tail end. Very pleased with your update....Harv  :popcorn:

most people never look in the wheel wells anyway so most of the time its a waist of time to do a lot of work there. as for the ass end, ir you leave the speed brakes closed you won't see that area.  I think the more important fix is the exhaust area/  I'm hoping that my exhaust cone can be used on the kit without major mods.  I've got another kit and am going to try fitting it to that one.  If so, I'll build it without all the other mods.

Bruce   

a little more detail added to the engine/speed brake area.  I'll add the rest of the tubing when I close things up.

DSCF4360.jpg

BTW, I test fitted my exhaust piece in a regular kit.  If a person is building one with the speed brakes closed,  if you cut out most of the sunken speed brake area, and thin the edges of the exhaust area you can insert my exhaust cone and have a descent look to it.    here are a couple pictures of the test

DSCF4354.jpg

DSCF4353.jpg

Bruce

Edited by Bruce

Not bad, not bad. Love what you did with that exhaust! :goodjob:  I tried the Eduard photoetch on mine, but it wasn't convincing so in the box and back to the stash until I find something better.

The framing in the wheel wells looks really good too.

NMF or camo?

Will be watching!

Not bad, not bad. Love what you did with that exhaust! :goodjob:  I tried the Eduard photoetch on mine, but it wasn't convincing so in the box and back to the stash until I find something better.

The framing in the wheel wells looks really good too.

NMF or camo?

Will be watching!

If you want a copy of the exhaust piece for your build and will pay the postage I'll send you one, send me a PM with your address.  I haven't decided on NMF or Camo yet.  As I said before, it seems they all started NMF and then wet camo so I have to start wilh silver anyway.

Bruce

Edited by Bruce