Trumpeter 1/32 MiG-29K Airframe No. 311 (OOB)

hrtsgs

Hey Guys!

I'm from Japan and living in Germany.

I would like to introduce my new project to you!

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-001.jpg

It is my 3rd LSP-Project already (1st: Kinetic/Italeri F-86, 2nd: Hasegawa/Revell P-3C), but I'm very impressed from this box size. So huge!

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-002.jpg

And too many sprues... It blows me off.

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-003.jpg

Because I have not many experience with big scale models (I'm building normally 1/48 scale jets) and don't never want hustle for any accuracy correction, it will simply out of box.

But I have no idea for weapons. Any suggestions??

Thank you for reading my topic! But sorry about my terrible english...

Cheers, Hiroto

Edited by hrtsgs

I may be wrong, but I think both of the decal options in this kit are for the company demonstrator and or test aircraft. So if you loaded it up with weapons it wouldn't be terrible.

The kit is in the to do pile in the model shack, i'm going with the dark grey scheme with wings folded with a full load of weapons.

Andromeda is right just look it up online and you can copy the images as far as weapon loads. (I think it already comes with a large weapons assortment in the kit though)

Signed up!

Ryan

Thanks guys!

@andromeda673 Weapon arrangement may unrealistic, but I know after light Googling, which weapons I'll be build.  :)

@Ryan Yes, I think only two MiG-29K test airframe are there. The history of MiG-29M and MiG-29K is quite complicated (and I don't know all)... I'll build light grey + green scheme with folded wings.

Hiroto

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!

I'm maybe slower than Captain Slow...

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-004.jpg

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-005.jpg

Too many missiles for me! :blowup: Because panel lines are very softly detailed, I engraved all of them. Fitting of KH-31P is pretty bad. Both (L1 and L2) Parts have different width. But oder missiles are fine. Pylons are still in assembling...

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-006.jpg

Hier are rudderparts. I sanded the back sides down for clean glueing.

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-007.jpg

Photo etched part was too glossy, so I sanded it rough.

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-008.jpgI need less putty. Yippee!

looking good, my personal experience with trumpeter kits has been less then stellar, I applaud you for tackling this build! I always find the styrene to be really brittle or too soft, there's no middle of the road with it. Although my trumpeter kits were sub $30 and all armor, so maybe their aircraft kits are different?

@andromeda

I think not different than armor. As you wrote, it is brittle AND soft. Not comparable with Hasegawa/Tamiya quality.

@BradG

I have no idea, where I will display it...  :whistle:

@Martinnfb

Thanks a lot for you great photo posting!! Specially rare photo from instrument panels. Looks good.  :thumbsup:

Hello,

little Updates, including Missiles. That's it  -_- Quite difficult to match my motivation with my free time. It will be looooooooong work.

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-009.jpg
I'm still engraving pylons. It takes a long time, but pretty effective.

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-011.jpg
Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-012.jpg
Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-014.jpg
Missiles airbrushed. Waiting for filtering and decal process. I'm using Tamiya's Enamel Brown for filtering. Masking work was a bit tricky.

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-013.jpg
Little bit stinky, but Mr. Color GX Series have great pigment, opacity and durability. White on black is no problem.

Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-015.jpg
Trumpeter32-MiG29K-AFNo311-016.jpg
Almost done! They only need to be sealed with Mr. Color Super Clear semi gloss (gloss for metal section)...

Cheers,
Hiroto
Edited by hrtsgs