F-15 experts sign in please!

FunkyZeit

The Revell kit does not have the petite detail of the Tamiya kit but AFAIK it was the last full 1/32 kit produced by Revell USA. It builds rather easily (the Tamiya wing and fuselage seam is a pain...), has full air intakes and reasonably good scribing. If you correct a little bit the panel lines, add metal LG legs and resin wheels, replace the exhausts and detail the cockpit, you'll get a very nice eagle. BTW, such elements are generally replaced as well on the Tamiya kit and the kit also asks for some correction (it is in fact a E airframe). Of course, this will ask for work but the budget is also noticeably different.

It's a shame that there are no external fuel tanks in the Revell kits. Does anyone know the dimensions of the fuel tanks in 1/32 scale ? (diameter and length).

PS : I bought a second hand Revell F-15B/D in 1/32 but both (left and right) forward fuselage sections (the ones that hold the cockpit and nosewheel bay) are missing. Does anyone has these parts in their sparesbox ?

Salut Thierry,

Totally agree with you, here is one I'm finishing with the Revell kit, my wing tank are from their Revell F-4E kit and exhaust from Cutting Edge.

Both AM, you can get from GT Resin, PM Garry, very nice guy....

IMG_0213_zpse85a8a36.jpg

IMG_0215_zps390e3ea3.jpg

I'm very happy with the result, evendo I do build Tamiya Eagle or Phantom, I like the Revell kit, maybe as not detailed but a lot cheaper,

still have screening in my pocket to go to Mc Do...... :yahoo:

Dan.

gfhdhd