1/32 trumpeter p-38g

polsam

Yes thats the Combat models kit in the background. I have to thank Jeff Owens for taking the photos for me. We'll be doing a photo shoot of the beast shortly. The light prevented a good photo shoot this time. We'll be doing it again and putting the SB2C on at a later date.

Again Thanks Jeff for helping me get these on.

Edited by polsam

Guest Smitty44

That looks amazing Jerry!I was wondering if you did anything to the cockpit. I have the backedate set also and Eli's P-38 sheet. Your build has "lit the fire" so to speak and I got to start thinking about this one. Thanks for sharing!   

The cockpit was modified using all parts that were provided with the Rutman set. This was an older set that he came out with that was designed for the Trumpeter release. It included a new radio compartment set., Gunsight, control yoke, a new windscreen and the frame for it , and the internal bullet proof glass and frameing for it. Thanks for the interest in it.

Edited by polsam

Guest Smitty44

Dang, well that put out the fire. I have the newer conversion without the cockpit backdate. Looks like either I wait till I come across the Cutting Edge set or figure out how to go it on my own, thanks!