A Flogger-G done right

FlorinM

Glad you like it, Gentlemen! And it will get better and better: you will see the new nose, the Aires landing gear bays beautifully finished, the cockpit canopy and air intakes corrected, a total rebuild of the landing gear and to top it off a stunning paint job!

Wow, another great work/thread. Ever since Air War over Vietnam started...I don't visit regular work in progress thread...looks like I'm missing out. So, I need to look in here often to see all of this cool building going on here. Please, tell your friend...my hats off to him for doing a great job with cool looking jet. :)

Mike

Message conveyed.

Lucian asked me to show you the Pinocchio nose the kit had. This is how it looked like:

DSCF1242.jpg

Compare it to his new cone, the one modified from the MiG 29. It makes a huge difference!

DSCF3041.jpg

He also took the opportunity to further enhance the area either by adding styrene...

DSCF3034.jpg

or by completely re-engraving:

DSCF3038.jpg

Please note how the cockpit canopy is bulging instead of following the fuselage line (an error that shall be corrected).

Wow, nice little trick used here. Is that the resin nose I see on eBay? I don't recall the companies name, but looks great on this jet ;)

Tell you friend great work and don't be shy on taking photos of his work from many angles...I'm working on the same kit that I'm going to build into the jet was flown by Israeli AF. Btw, please let him know the Aires cockpit, wheel well, and exhaust are great for the kit and fit very well. I have used them all and they were drop in fit with minor modification to the exhaust only. Oh and Zacto's intake, pylons, and weapons are top notch. Since every photo i've seen of the Mig-23 with Star of David they didn't carry any weapons, so I'm using Zacto's pylon on mine. Truly great sets of resin :)

The nose you see is a resin cast he made from the Trumpeter 1:32 MiG 29 cone he has in his stash and not some "nice little trick". Nothing more, nothing less. Ruining the MiG 29 for the sake of the 23 would have made quite an expensive kit bash, don't you think?

Guest Peterpools

Florin

Incredible work on the front office and the nose cone. Looking=g mighty good

Keep 'em coming

You might have caught a glimpse at the gear bays in their initial paint stage, these are now in place, weathered and all...

Right side:

DSCF2982.jpg

and left side:

DSCF2979.jpg

The kit breakdown is somewhat unnatural, with front and rear halves joined together. No matter what he did, the fit between these parts was horrible, leaving a step that had to be smoothed out, requiring tons of filler and  filing... If he would make another, he would join the front and rear quarters into left and right halves and that would hopefully improve the fit.

@EliRaphael  To put the nose cone from e-bay idiocy to rest for once and for all: the purpose of this forum is sharing information and helping other members. Not telling lies, not misleading and not pulling tricks. The nose you see in this blog did NOT originate from e-bay and was personally cast by Lucian. And he is not selling it anywhere. So there is a 99.9% chance that you'll be very, very disappointed by what you will get. You should have asked if he sold it first. Or asked a friend with the the kit to copy the cone for you or allow you to make the copy yourself. It would have been for free...

When Lucian got the MiG 29 cone from Zactomodels, he used the plastic cone (that has the wrong shape for the 29) in his MiG 23 MF. Behind it you can see the resin copy used for the MLA. Resin is exact copy of plastic cone.

DSCF3027.jpg

@Loic and Peterpools:Thanks, will do!

Edited by FlorinM