Dragon 1:35 OH-6A Cayuse

I found the CMK exterior set to be useless.  

Agreed on this after reviewing it. The interior set seems pretty nice though - I have some breakage and quite a bit of resin blocks to cut but looks like a decent improvement in most areas vs. the kit plastic

CMKInterior_zps9444c3e8.jpg

The AM sheet from Fireball is fantastic - lots of good choices - several from Hugh Mill's group so if you want to do a shark mouth bird but a little different from Miss Clawd IV then you can - I may do "Love American Style" but haven't totally decided yet.

CMK Resin a bit finicky to get fit right but after lots of trial and error I think it is OK

LoachResinInt_zpsced3bb00.jpg

Edited by petrov27

Stoopid question for any chopper pilots or those with the knowledge; I am (most likely) depicting the Loach in a hover or slightly nose up in flight (like it was just starting to climb) and I want to make sure I have the controls in the right positions:

I assume the pilot's collective would be being pulled up as he is increasing lift to gain altitude? Would the co-pilot's collective (empty seat) mirror the position of the pilots (are they linked in some way)? If they are not linked, would it be in the lowest (down) position?

On that same note, would the co-pilot's cyclic control stick be in the same position as the pilots (I am thinking yes?)

Slowly piecing together the interior and the pilot - finding that the CMK interior set seems slightly undersized or some proportions dont quite check with pictures but I am pushing forward with it....

Stoopid question for any chopper pilots or those with the knowledge; I am (most likely) depicting the Loach in a hover or slightly nose up in flight (like it was just starting to climb) and I want to make sure I have the controls in the right positions:

I assume the pilot's collective would be being pulled up as he is increasing lift to gain altitude? Would the co-pilot's collective (empty seat) mirror the position of the pilots (are they linked in some way)? If they are not linked, would it be in the lowest (down) position?

On that same note, would the co-pilot's cyclic control stick be in the same position as the pilots (I am thinking yes?)

Slowly piecing together the interior and the pilot - finding that the CMK interior set seems slightly undersized or some proportions dont quite check with pictures but I am pushing forward with it....

Excellent  progress on the Killer Egg! So Glad you're working on it! To Climb, if you're in a hurry, the nose would actually be slightly down , the rotor head tilted forward and the collective  would be pulled up, the throttle would be being fed in. A nose high climb precedes a  a bank or rear ward flight or a turn, or deceleration prior to a flare or coming to a stop. OR  possibly a really sharp nose over turn, very useful for evading ground fire. If you're hovering, the collective would be about thigh high to an average sized seated pilot in a 500 series, stick mostly neutral ( it's a model so you wont be able to tell whats happening) unless you add some drama like a nose low tail up, or banked etc. and somehow have turning rotors. 

Both Collectives and Sticks and both sets of Rudder Pedals ( for tail rotor torque)  move in unison, if they didn't you would have one hell of a mess trying to teach somebody to fly an aircraft that already doesn't want to, and you would also be a lagged in response if they weren't some how and the other crew member suddenly had to take over flying for any reason.  :) Could mess up your whole day.

Hope this helps,

Paul 

Edited by av8shunmodels

Thanks gents for the feedback and the infos on the collective and cyclic positions. More surgery needed on that poor pilot to get him to hold onto the controls.

That said the DML figures are very nice, though the faces looks like guys who are older than these LOH pilots were