IJN Raiden

Night Hog

I have started a dual build of the Hasegawa and the ZM Jack. I would love to post on LSP but I don't use photobucket. I am a SmugMug user and don't need another photo cataloger. Any suggestions? As a starter, I am an non-rivet counter, TLAR builder so both will be OOB. So far the comparison of the two kits is interesting. For a change, ZM has gotten away from the three color plastic idea. I recommend the ZM kit if only for laughs you get out of the instructions.

Indeed Zoukei-mura´s Heinkel He 219 was their first kit in grey and clear plastic only. So, the Raiden should be the second one. A good move in my eyes.

You mentioned "laughs you get out of the instructions." I have the Raiden but I cannot remember them to be rather funny. What exactly made you laugh?

I have started a dual build of the Hasegawa and the ZM Jack. I would love to post on LSP but I don't use photobucket. I am a SmugMug user and don't need another photo cataloger. Any suggestions?

I'm not familiar with SmugMug, but posting photos is certainly not limited to hosting them on Photobucket. All you need is access to the image's URL (not the page it's hosted on), and you'll be able to use the 'insert image' button to insert it into a post. Would love to see your Raiden comparison!

Kev

Indeed Zoukei-mura´s Heinkel He 219 was their first kit in grey and clear plastic only. So, the Raiden should be the second one. A good move in my eyes.

You mentioned "laughs you get out of the instructions." I have the Raiden but I cannot remember them to be rather funny. What exactly made you laugh?

Its the translation of the notes. For example, "It is possible to represent the storage situation when inserting it vertically." in regard to the lower boarding step. One of many. The translation from the original Japanese  is quite literal.

I'm not familiar with SmugMug, but posting photos is certainly not limited to hosting them on Photobucket. All you need is access to the image's URL (not the page it's hosted on), and you'll be able to use the 'insert image' button to insert it into a post. Would love to see your Raiden comparison!

Kev

Like this...Witchcraft%20Nose%20Starboard%202-M.jpg ??

I think I have it  :doh:  

Edited by Night Hog

Its the translation of the notes. For example, "It is possible to represent the storage situation when inserting it vertically." in regard to the lower boarding step. One of many. The translation from the original Japanese  is quite literal.

Straight translations in instructions are sometimes the best parts. I saw a Fujimi or Fine Molds garage accessories set that read, "you will receive great sympathy for the building this set of."  Didn't look that bad to require sympathy.

Matt  :frantic:

It happens quite often... Hasegawa has its own shares of "literal" translations too - their Camel in 1/16 instruction sheet if full many perplexing "instructions".

The ZM instructions are still among the best, quite beautifully -illustrated. I am looking forward to this double build. I have both kits, so it should be an interesting comparison.

Radu

Good Luck with the Build, I am doing several with the hopes of putting together a book of most of the Raidens in 1/32 scale. I am getting ready to start on these later this month and I have about 6 Raiden kits to build or modify. Both Hasegawa and ZM should be fun.

I would love to try a Hasegawa or ZM version after building the old Revell kit. Mine had a fuselage that was warped lengthwise so it almost had a quarter turn in it by the time you went from the tail to the cowling. That was fun.