Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair ... with Extras

Loic

Hi guys,

I am calling Corsair expert here... as I am lost with all my reference pictures (and you can trust me when I say I have a lot of ref pics!).

I was intending to continue to work on the little tank that is next to the hydrolic fluid tank that I just completed (the one with all the bolts on top) just to find out that I can not find 2 corsairs having the same set-up/tank/item on my load of ref pics.

In fact, even the hydrolic tank is different from one aircraft to one other...

Most are restaured aircraft so the reliability/fidelity of the intel is subject to caution I guess (even the engine varies from one aircraft to an other, some have the supercharger, some don't, etc...)  ==>  I AM LOST !

Can anyone please help ?

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!   ;)

Edited by Loic

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

well, it has been quite some time since my last update and very little modelling done since then  :(

But I resumed work a couple of weeks ago and I am getting ready to send the first batch of parts to Tim at Grey Matter Figures for casting.

I still have some work to do on cowling panels but I will do that "in parallel" so to speak.

Here are 3 shots of the main parts primed and ready to be packaged for shipment.

DSC03224-Copie2_zpsa714b090.jpg

DSC03224-Copie_zps630d747d.jpg

DSC03224_zpsf40b8514.jpg

Have a nice weekend ;)