Second Attempt at HKM B-17G With Some Minor Improvements.

Silver Dollar

Thanks Geoff.  When I felt I had to finish a build to get it onto a site or for a tutorial, I got so burned out it wasn't funny.  I promised myself that I would be the only master of my hobby and build when I could and not care about the finished project.  I'm much, much happier, a lot less stressed and more careful with what I'm doing.  Tonight I finally finished the metal "wallpapering" in the waist and now I'm going to put in some wires, boxes, O2 apparatus and other fiddly bits.  Pictures will come a bit later.  Thanks all for peeking in.  

Hi Silver Dollar,

Just went back a couple of pages to catch up on this UNBELIEVABLE B-17 you building.   My Hats off to YOU  SIR! 

She really is turning into a work of ART  and Bless you and your tenacity to do this.

I have a couple of builds that I'am doing in a Group build and a 1/72 Saturn V that my wife got for me for my b-day

By the time I finish these I should just about be even with you when I re-open my 17,  but no where near the quality o this one

She is Gorgeous

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not out of the running yet.  I'm taking a short break to work on a piece of tooled leather.  It's a Chinese dragon scene.  It was inside my brain and I had to get it out.  I'll show it off at a later date.  Meanwhile, I'm still adding interior parts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Craig.  I just need to get a few of theses other things done before I go back to the aircraft hangar.  I haven't quit the build and I won't quit either.  I'm involved in so many hobbies it's nuts.

Jeff leave those large scale hot rods alone :)

LOLOLOL.   Good to see you again.  

I've already done that.    That's not what I'm working on.  What I'm doing is tooling another leather Chinese dragon to complete a set of 2.  Plus I'm making a reproduction AVG banner like the ones Chiang Kai Shek gave to the AVG members.  There's one in the AF Museum.  To get a real one, I'd have to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $25,000 or several hundred bucks for a repro.  I figured I'd just make one myself.  

Time to get out the sewing machine.  

Edited by Silver Dollar