Second Attempt at HKM B-17G With Some Minor Improvements.

Silver Dollar

Hey Jack.  If you take aluminum and brass and connect them with a salt bridge, i.e. salt and H2O, you can get a galvanic reaction.  I have to make sure no salt gets near my bulkhead. I don't want my model to be melted.  Thanks for the compliment.  

So no sweating over this one, then ?

Hubert

PS: the more important comment : tremendous work. A joy to follow !

Hey Hubert.  I was a chemistry major in college in the 60s.  Every once in a while, some of it manages to pop through.  It's sort of a nostalgia thing.  LOL.

Thanks for the kind words.  

Edited by Silver Dollar

The bulkhead is as done as I can do at this point.  Now I'm going to start on getting the compartment sides detailed.  When the bulkheads come together with the sides, that's when the wiring gets put in.  This build is definitely going a lot slower than the other build I'm doing.  More to come.   

DSCN2047_zps382a62e3.jpg

DSCN2048_zpsaaf9286a.jpg

DSCN2049_zpsf5052b81.jpg

And another helper giving the part a cat scan. 

DSCN2056_zpse3eb4c00.jpg

Quicky update here.  I'm now involved in getting the inside walls of the fuselage detailed.  I've added extra plastic to the areas not covered in the inside wing roots.  I'm also scraping off the curved ribs (I have no idea why they put those there) piece by piece with a hand chisel.  My biggest problem will come when I have to put up the sides of the tunnel area.  They didn't include that in the kit.  On top of that, I took 2 days off to do a little maintenance in the workshop to make it more user friendly.  More to come.

No problem, MARUS.  

This picture shows why I take clear close up shots.  The arrows show the defects that I couldn't really see.  You can see unpainted areas, ejection pin marks that I didn't remove, hanging wires and a bit of sloppiness.  Granted, you most likely won't be able to see the defects after the fuselage is closed, but if those spots are corrected, I won't accidentally seal them up and then find them when I look into the bombardier's hatch.  

DSCN2061_zps551fd5e8.jpg

More details to add.