I joined the Corsair Clan

pzcreations

Yowzers! That cockpit is hot!

Great job so far.

I guess the dials are acetate that you paint white on the back and sandwich between the glass or is it a decal?

The reason I ask is that Chuck Sawyer used an off white colour on his recent Tamiya Mustang build which also looked super realistic.

thankyou everyone for the compliments

geedubelyer, its a decal ,which goes on the back of the clear piece ..when I first saw the decal on the paper, it looked like they missed the white print..all you see is black dials, but the white is actually on the bottom side of the decal..pretty neat. I dont think Ive seen that method of decal printing before.

What model is this and what model Corsair is it representing? Your work on it is awesome but I have not seen a Corsair with this cockpit look before so I am curious if it is an accurate model of an F4U that I have not seen before or perhaps the manufacturer just took some liberties with the design so it is not historically accurate.

Your detail and weathering is awesome as others have already noted!

What model is this and what model Corsair is it representing? Your work on it is awesome but I have not seen a Corsair with this cockpit look before so I am curious if it is an accurate model of an F4U that I have not seen before or perhaps the manufacturer just took some liberties with the design so it is not historically accurate.

Your detail and weathering is awesome as others have already noted!

This is Tamiyas new 1/32 offering..what do you see thats not accurate? ,and thanks for the compliment too!

This is Tamiyas new 1/32 offering..what do you see thats not accurate? ,and thanks for the compliment too!

My pleasure on the compliment and I can tell you have taken a lot of time doing it.

I don't want to say inaccurate because what you have may have been in a Corsair that I have not seen. Some examples are like the shroud on top of the instrument panel - should that be glass for the gunsight? Also, the headrest is not a shape I have seen on any Corsair but as I noted I'm sure I have missed some.

I'm a bit of a nut for Corsairs - I started a website because I wanted one place to look for info.The site is f4ucorsair.freeforums.org if anyone wants to check it out.

Edited by rwright142

You are right Harv. After I posted I remember some of the earlier ones had a piece ofbullet proof glass as a part of the gunsight, aft of the windshield.

F4U-1 through -1D had a separate sheet of bullet proof glass behind the windshield. -1 and -1D had reflector mounted to the top of the gunsight. -1A had reflector mounted under the bullet proof glass.

Great work on the cockpit, what colour did you use for the dull dark green?

Allan

Great work on the cockpit, what colour did you use for the dull dark green?

Allan

Love it, I don't know what was used in this build but I used Mr. Color 301, which looks very similar to this green.

This is the third 1/32.Tamiya Birdcage build (mine included), where I have seen the builder using a shade for dark dull green. Most are still using interior green.