HK 1/32 B-17 , Now "Milk Wagon"

gunpowder

Ive been working on this for just over a week now. Its been fun but also a little bit of a slog at times. Im not going to waffle on so heres some photos.

015_zps9b1120d2.jpg

019_zps36db1099.jpg

021_zpsb6001bcb.jpg

022_zps6be646da.jpg

023_zps4d88fcc1.jpg

024_zps1bc656cb.jpg

025_zps2d4eeef0.jpg

026_zps5bd82378.jpg

Now the reason im thinking of the Texas Raiders decals is because no B-17 in the war was called Texas Raiders , so in some sense it is fictitious , but it also commemorates both the Wartime crews and the crews that keep them flying today.

Edited by gunpowder

Thanks guys.

OK rant time. That upper roof part. What on earth were HK thinking of? Its not an amazing fit and as i suspected theres a seam all the way arount thats going to need sanding and therefore some surface detail will be lost. I dont get it. Surely the majority of modellers will want it attached? Its a stupid idea thats really annoyed me today.

Rant over.

Ive been working on this for just over a week now. Its been fun but also a little bit of a slog at times. Im not going to waffle on so heres some photos.

015_zps9b1120d2.jpg

022_zps6be646da.jpg

023_zps4d88fcc1.jpg

024_zps1bc656cb.jpg

025_zps2d4eeef0.jpg

Now the reason im thinking of the Texas Raiders decals is because no B-17 in the war was called Texas Raiders , so in some sense it is fictitious , but it also commemorates both the Wartime crews and the crews that keep them flying today.

Outstanding :m0152: !

The woodwork is awesome!

Interesting woodwork--I thought the doors would have been painted.

Looks like I'll be bringing my WWI wood techniques to bear on this one. All you need is a bit of dark brown oil paint to put on top of a base coat of light wood color.

Just got my B-17 last night. WOW!!!! is an understatement.

Tim W.

Its a Tamiya green i think it was IJN green or something but i mixes a little blue with it a while ago when i was building an avenger.

OK--this is that Bronze Green color or whatever it's called, right?

I have something I've used for that.

Tim W.