Saab aircraft vacform kits: J 29, J 35, JA 37, JAS 39 & Sk.60

if you ever need closeups of a Draken, there is one a couple of km from my house. its gear up and mounted at an odd angle pointing to the sky, but i can take pics.

http://www.google.at/search?q=draken+tulln&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=62HSUdyeEeTP4QTnsoDICA&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=1074

Thanks Karl,

I'll let you know if that need arises :speak_cool:

Cheers

Derek

Derek, if you need anything on the Draken let me know. I've got quite a few modeling buddies that are in the Danish AF or has been and they are usually a good source about Danish equipment. Also I think there's one in a museum relatively close by

Thank you Thomas - I may well call upon your help (Please PM me with your contact details).

Many thanks

Derek

Hi Derek, I've got some plans of the Draken that I got from Saab a couple of years ago. If they can be helpfull, just let me know!

Nic

Hi Nic,

That sounds very good; I would be very interested in seeing those! (Like Thomas, please PM me with your contact details please).

Again, many thanks

Derek

Useful info Grant. The only book I have is the elderly Robert F Dorr book on the Viggen. I do not have, nor have I seen, any of the titles you mentioned, but I will look for them. I have not seen the new Squadron Viggen book at all?

Thanks

Derek

The Air DOC book on the Viggen really does have almost every detail you need plus quite a few amazing photos and profiles including the Green Monster and Blue Peter, plus all sorts of Splinter and Grey Viggens. Beautiful stuff, as well as some extremely sad photos of dead and dying ones waiting for the scrap monster. It covers interiors of several marks, landing gear, some wheel wells, view up the aft end showing air brakes, etc., and on and on. You really need that one unless you can get the group to send you all their personal walk around photos (hint, hint).

There are a few of those on the internet, I think I recall one of the best was at IPMS Stockholm.

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/1998/04/stuff_eng_detail_viggen.htm

That site is good enough that you may not even need the book...

Tnarg

The Air DOC book on the Viggen really does have almost every detail you need plus quite a few amazing photos and profiles including the Green Monster and Blue Peter, plus all sorts of Splinter and Grey Viggens. Beautiful stuff, as well as some extremely sad photos of dead and dying ones waiting for the scrap monster. It covers interiors of several marks, landing gear, some wheel wells, view up the aft end showing air brakes, etc., and on and on. You really need that one unless you can get the group to send you all their personal walk around photos (hint, hint).

There are a few of those on the internet, I think I recall one of the best was at IPMS Stockholm.

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/1998/04/stuff_eng_detail_viggen.htm

That site is good enough that you may not even need the book...

Tnarg

Thank you Grant (I so need that Air DOC book, or anything else useful from all my friends here on LSP ;)). Link now added to my favourites.

Cheers

Derek

OK, gathering references for these four aircraft (JAS 39 Gripen now added to the list, making a quartet of Saab's as opposed to a trio). Two questions?:

• What are the best references for the Saab JAS 39 Gripen?
  • I will be getting a 1/48 kit of a Saab JAS 39 Gripen to use as a 3D reference. I have today bought an Hasegawa 1/48 Saab J 35 Draken kit for the same purpose. Does anyone have, or can tell me were to obtain, the 1/48 ESCI/Airfix Saab J 37 Viggen kit please?

Many thanks

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Derek if you can wait a while Tarrangus/Special Hobby will release a JA 37 (Tarrangus) and an AJ/Sk 37 (Special Hobby) later this summer.

and somehow u managed to exlude the J 32 Lansen (Lance) !!!!

=)

/L

Edited by Lars Befring

Derek if you can wait a while Tarrangus/Special Hobby will release a JA 37 (Tarrangus) and an AJ/Sk 37 (Special Hobby) later this summer.

and somehow u managed to exlude the J 32 Lansen (Lance) !!!!

=)

/L

Thank you Lars - Are they 1/32 scale?

I like all Saab aircraft types, so I have not forgotten the J 32 Lansen (Nor the AJ 21/J 21R either!), I'm just too busy to make those as well at the moment.

Cheers

Derek

(JAS 39 Gripen now added to the list, making a quintet of Saab's as opposed to a trio).

A quintet is five Derek! Anything you're not telling us? :coolio:

I'm pretty sure they're 1/48, but I'm prepared to be wrong.

Kev

I like all Saab aircraft types, so I have not forgotten the J 32 Lansen (Nor the AJ 21/J 21R either!), I'm just too busy to make those as well at the moment.

Cheers

Derek

nope! sorry they are 1/48 scale....

I´ve helped Tarrangus with some research and can send you a bit of info on the J 29.

PM me your e-mail if you are interested

:D

/L

nope! sorry they are 1/48 scale....

I´ve helped Tarrangus with some research and can send you a bit of info on the J 29.

PM me your e-mail if you are interested

:D

/L

Ooh, me too please Lars!

Kev

JAS 39 Gripen now added to the list, making a quintet of Saab's as opposed to a trio)

Wow, Derek, four swedish fighters at the same time!!! Doesn't that call for an early retirement from your day job?

Anyway, I can't wait to see the first pics, whatever type it may be.

Cheers

Rainer