Speaking of Stukas

vobis khan

I have decided that the best way to honor the gift of the Revell JU-87 I was given, is to build it.

Looking about, I see that there is some Resin stuff out there, mostly for the Trumpy kit, I suspect.

I am looking for opinions and sources for aftermarket stuff.

I'd like to upgrade the exhausts, install the Sirens, and maybe spruce up the cockpit a bit.

What I'd really like are some Resin Night Fighter Exhausts, but I am not sure if any body makes any.

I'll need decals too.

Thanks,

Alan,

Eduard released a very good set (many years ago!) for this plane: set 32033. Highly recommended. You may also replace the MG barrels by master ones. Resin exhausts are available for the Trumpeter one but I'm sure you may use them on the Revell kit (Mastercasters or Quickboost).

Dora nighfighter exhausts are available from Quickboost. However, as far as I know, none was used on the Bertha.

HTH

Uumm...

I have photos of the Ju 87 B, some of which have been published in Wings of the Black Cross for Eagle Editions, depicting the early B Stuka fitted with flame dampers.

HTH

Mark Proulx

Interesting remark (or correction!).

Out of my memory, this was not obvious. This is probably an exception, don't you think so? Which unit was the owner?

Wow!

Thanks for the New Info, Mark.

I looked at a Quickboost product listing and could find no NightFighter exhausts. Maybe they are out of production?

I did see 1/32 Ju-87 regular exhausts, however.

J.Rutman doesnot seem to have any 1/32 Nightfighter stuff either. Drat!

I'd like to build an all Black machine, but I am afraid that a "B" may be the wrong airframe to do so.

Anybody have any ideas for a simple two colour (top/bottom) paint scheme that might work instead?

Thanks for the help guys.

I start building the cockpit tonight.

Alan