Nightfighters

Nic C.D.

Thanks everyone for the nice reactions! Just what I need to keep the trio going! Kev, please do, it would be an honour, thank you for considering it!

Nic

My pleasure! Can you send me some larger versions of your photos?

Kev

Just a little progress on the gunbay and the gunbay doors of the P-61. Only a few photos available of this area, so I might mis some details. This is only a first step on this part of the model.

Foto-HQGSLWRB-D.jpg

The scratched oval-shaped open bulkhead behind the guns is the base for the extra detail. More to come soon (I hope).

Nic

Ive just enjoyed looking through this thread.....just about to start a Revell 219 .

I built the Monogram Widow last year but this one is from a different league !!

Super work.

Andy

Thanks Andy, I hope you'll show us your work on the He-219. I rarely build a kit twice, but with this one, I'm considering it - I came across some photos of abandonned He-219s - might be an interesting idea for a diorama. You did a Monogram P-61- cool - so, you'll find this kit a very smooth build!

Nic

Work continues slowly on the P-61, with a lot of small details being added left and right. Just like with the Uhu, I'll place the model on a base with some figures to give an idea of the size of the aircraft.

Foto-LLTIXNP8-D.jpg

The bras bar running through the fuselage, wings and booms turned out to be a good idea, it stabelizes the model clearly. That's good news. I have to detail the area behind the left engine (right one is done), that'll be for this weekend I hope. I've started detailing the nosegear, a part that will be quite visible.

Foto-ZC7PXZJL-D.jpg

The kit is complex compared to the Me-110 and the He-219; painting subparts will be difficult, it all has to be done when wings, booms and fuselage are glued together. It'll be quite a challenge to handle the kit while painting; I'll probabbly have to build a special support for it.

Foto-SFKP8VGW-D.jpg

The figures I am considering to place next to it are a pilot having a chat with two security soldiers, one with his watchdog.

I have decided which P-61 it'll be: Little Audrey, a P-61 B that was used in Europe and stationed for a short time in Florennes, Belgium. I didn't find any decals of it, so I started drawing the nose art in photoshop and will print it on a blanc decal sheet. I hope this will work. Little Audrey isn't finished yet (turns out to take quite some time), but here is where I am so far:

Foto-C8FS3TFQ-D.jpg

I'm drawing it bigger than necessary to get all the details correct and will print it to the right size afterwards (some 5,6 cm long). Still need to work on her legs and shoes ... and the name of course.

Hope you like her! Hope to bring you more soon!

Nic

Nic They do make those decals Kitsworld P61 Black Widow Night Fighter - 1/32 Scale Decal Sheet
£10.20
KW132019 P61 Black Widow
P61B 422nd NFS 42-39672 'Little Audrey' European Theatre, 1944
P61B 416th NFS 42-39514 'Hel 'NBack' European Theatre Austria, June 1945

Stock code: KW132019

http://www.kitsworld.co.uk/index.php?CATEGORY=3&SUB=3&THISPAGE=1&RADIOSORT=4&PICFILE=122&STKNR=122&STRH=2380&ORDN=2679&RNZ=455107

Cheers PS Nice work on the Black Widow

Nic,

Awesome work!! Did you do a WIP on the Dragon 110? I would like to see your build.

Your Owl is amazing!! Were did you get the Luftwaffe pilot?

Cheers, Ian

Thanks guys! I must say that the P-61 isn't a walk in the park, especially if you want to ad some detail to it.

Shaky962, thanks! I actually started building 3 nightfighters at the same time. The Revell He-219 was the easiest one and I finished it a couple of weeks ago. Next up is the P-61 but when I've had too much of it, I switch to the Me-110. I keep adding details to the P-61; I hope to close up the fuselage soon though. I might do a 4th nightfighter, either a P-38 or a Mosquito, but I can't find one ...

Ian, thanks for stopping by! The Me-110 will probably be finished shortly after the P-61. I've started detailing the cockpit, an engine and the area behind it. It is a much less complicated build than the P-61, Dragon has produced a fantastic kit! All figures are from Master Box and are superbly detailed.

Nic

Thanks for the link and for stopping by Matt. I must say, I do like the Fw 190 a lot. I might build it one day, although there's another Fw-190 with lots of antennas on the wings and fuselage that is pretty cool as well! So much to so, so little time...

Nic