So I guess what we need for the HB P-61 is a "B" nose and main

gunner

canopy masks (Eduard).....

Yuk - thought I'd try some on the He111 - complete waste of money as far as I was concerned. Fresh scalpel blade and Tamiya tape quicker and more accurate IMHO...

Iain

Guest Peterpools

Sure seems as if there will be a lot of time for the AM guys to produce the parts needed as the Widow really won't be available for a month or so.

:hmmm:

I can't produce anything until I get a kit, which I am struggling with at the moment, and by the time I do, others players will have got their stuff out first before me (some may already have some eraly pre-production test shots for all I know?).

Without the plastic, it is really difficult to produce any AM stuff for it without knowing if it will fit correctly? Having said that, I will see what is on the market when I do get one and decide if there is still anything left that I can cover for it?

Regards

Derek

Edited by Derek B

I can't produce anything until I get a kit, which I am struggling with at the moment, and by the time I do, others players will have got their stuff out first before me (some may already have some eraly pre-production test shots for all I know?).

Without the plastic, it is really difficult to produce any AM stuff for it that without knowing that it will fit correctly. Having said that, I will see what is on the market when I do get one and decide if there is still anything left that I can cover for it?

Regards

Derek

Hi Derek,

Then maybe you can advance those P-40N spoke wheels/tires

Mike Horina

Hi Derek,

Then maybe you can advance those P-40N spoke wheels/tires

Mike Horina

Of course Mike, but I have to get my other 'priority' pattern work done first :)

Cheers

Derek

Yuk - thought I'd try some on the He111 - complete waste of money as far as I was concerned. Fresh scalpel blade and Tamiya tape quicker and more accurate IMHO...

Iain

I have done it both ways-Kabuki tape and a scalpel. I also used Eduard's mask on a TBM. I liked the results of both but Eduard's mask was a lot quicker.

Sure seems as if there will be a lot of time for the AM guys to produce the parts needed as the Widow really won't be available for a month or so.

:hmmm:

Howdy Peter,

I think you will see it sooner than that. I picked mine up today at my local hobby shop. ( Southern California) BTW same shop had a Trumpy AD-4 that I picked up last weekend. Price was same as best price from various on-line stores but what I saved in shipping was eaten up by 8.75% CA tax.

BTW- Both kits are gorgeous

I have done it both ways-Kabuki tape and a scalpel. I also used Eduard's mask on a TBM. I liked the results of both but Eduard's mask was a lot quicker.

I suspect that's a better (more complete/accurate) mask set than the He111 then...

Iain

Guest Dekenba

Iain

I use them if part of a BigEd set, but I would never buy one in its own right - as you say, tamiya tape & a fresh blade is adequate, if a little more time consuming.

My P-61 arrived yesterday, and an impressive box of kit it is, too!

I already got the True Detail replacement wheels.

At first glance, some Eduard PE seatbelts will be in order as the kit ones are only lap belts and rather sketchy compared to what the actual aircraft appear to have had.

No exhaust stacks. I'll just be closing the cowl flaps. Seems an odd oversight, considering all the other detail that went into this kit. Then again, radial engines have been the bane of my existence lately!

If I do this one on a diorama base, it'll be a 'right before takeoff,' so closed cowl flaps should be OK.

Dunno if I'll wait around for additional PE/resin. I'd like to do a really beat up '61 based on Iwo. I have two sets of Kits World decals on the way (one for the A, one for the B) as I was hedging my bets.

Anyway, those are my initial thoughts.

Regards,

Tim W.