Wingnut Wings Gotha

afvmodeller

HOLY LOZENGE BATMAN!!!!

That is simply work of art! Amazing! I love it! I'm jealous....

One of these days I'll finished my stalled Gotha, but I think I'm going with the light blue.

Hey, where'd you get those figures? They're amazing, also.

Wow.

Tim W.

That is absolutely awesome! Would have to be the best Gotha I have seen built. The figures are really nice and add a nice touch to the aircraft. I love the paint scheme also. Almost makes me want to build WWI aircraft.I will by being this issue of AFV for sure.

Great work!

Ken

Thanks for all the feedback everyone - very much appreciate the feedback. This one was stalled for quite a while but I would encourage anyone to go for it as it is a superb model. I hope this acts as a motivator!

The lozenge scheme is painted using frisk masks. I drew up the pattern on computer then traced out the hexagons onto the film. Proved to be easier than I expected - the wings especially. The nacelles and the gun tunnel were the tricky parts. Markings were modified from the kit decals.

The two figures are fresh arrivals from wingscockpitfigures.com and also available from MDC. So much character, they just need a lick of paint.

More pics of the cockpit on the AIR Modeller Facebook page and details of where to find the whole feature soon for anyone who's interested. If I have missed anyone's questions please shout out :)

Regards David