1/32 F7U Gutless Cutlass - BIG and SHINY

IBuildEmBig

Hi,

Here is my finished Fisher Models 1/32 F7U-3M Cutlass. What a beautiful kit it was. This kit is so nice, I still can't believe it is resin and not a plastic kit.

Basically everything was out of the box, I didn't add anything other than paint and glue (half a tube of 2-part epoxy glue used). The metallic finish was mostly done with Alclad, including aluminum, dark aluminum, polished aluminum, steel, and jet exhaust. The glossy blue and red markings were Gunze lacquer then coated with Alclad gloss coat. The landing gears were Tamiya acrylic titanium. The rest of the colours were Gunze acrylics.

I hope you like it. THank you.

cutfin1.jpg

cutfin2.jpg

cutfin3.jpg

cutfin4.jpg

cutfin5.jpg

cutfin6.jpg

cutfin8.jpg

cutfin9.jpg

Terry

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words

Super work Terry! I think this is the first one of these kits I've seen built. Any chance I could republish your photos as an article on the website?

Kev

Absolutely, Kev. I'm very flattered. Thank you,

Terry

Terry....words fail me here.

That is simply everything I hope to see when I send a kit out to someone ...a spectacular build in every sense of the word and very inspiring for Susy and I here to see this and read such nice things. When I am making the masters for these kits, I have a mental image of the hoped for finished product that I keep in my head while I work, it helps to get things done when the going gets tough..and believe me, it gets tough now and again.

That is the model I "saw in my head" throughout the design and molding ...just beautiful.

I too would like to post some pics of your model in our newsletter, with your permission. I think a lot of the Cutlass kits we sold will get built after people see this...I know I am going to make time to do a silver ship myself...someday....

Bravo, sir!

Paul Fisher

Terry,

:m0152:

That is an EXQUISITE F7U. :wub: :wub:

what can you say, the finish is excellent and your work as always simply OUTSTANDING .

:yahoo: :wow: :thumbsup:

That says it all; Ditto!!!!!!

Terry....words fail me here.

That is simply everything I hope to see when I send a kit out to someone ...a spectacular build in every sense of the word and very inspiring for Susy and I here to see this and read such nice things. When I am making the masters for these kits, I have a mental image of the hoped for finished product that I keep in my head while I work, it helps to get things done when the going gets tough..and believe me, it gets tough now and again.

That is the model I "saw in my head" throughout the design and molding ...just beautiful.

I too would like to post some pics of your model in our newsletter, with your permission. I think a lot of the Cutlass kits we sold will get built after people see this...I know I am going to make time to do a silver ship myself...someday....

Bravo, sir!

Paul Fisher

Paul, I would be absolutely ELATED if you post these pics on your site or newsletter. Thank you!

Terry