Fokker DVII (FOK) Jasta 71

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Don

Be careful, The WNW Empire just seems to engulf you as the kit(s) sit on the shelf. I've seen the Empire expand at an ever increasing pace here on the forum and there is no know defense and cure.

Peter

I'm very anxious to see your progress, Peter. Good luck!

I like that color scheme very much and it is neat to start seeing a variety of versions being built here, as opposed to everyone knocking out the same plane over and over.

I would like to join this unofficial group build of the DVII myself, but my Fokker is now at Day 14 "in customs"...

Guest Peterpools

Hang in there and I'm sure you'll receive it this week. It's great to see so many of the guys are building the Fokker and everyone has picked a different scheme so far. I'm sure AM decal schemes will be showing up very soon as well. Just a tremendous kit and I've never seen a case, where one manufacturer has captured the hearts and minds of so many members here so quickly. I'm willing to bet, WNW has surpassed both Tamiya's Spit and Mustang fever when they were originally released. It's really amazing. And to think, In February our official group build gets underway.

Peter

Nice choice, that is the same one I started working on too. It'll be cool to see all these fokkers being worked on and in the finished state

....Be careful, The WNW Empire just seems to engulf you as the kit(s) sit on the shelf. I've seen the Empire expand at an ever increasing pace here on the forum and there is no know defense and cure.

Peter

I agree also. I am not even really a big WWI fan but I have 20 WnW kits now and have already built 6 of those. It seems to me the the WnW is the only company I hear very little, if any, complaints about and people are actually build the kits instead on beating them up.

wnw1.jpg

Edited by The Dude

Peter! Great collection mate!

I have been to Wingnuts warehouse and I thought I was looking at a pic of it again...... ;)

Well done that man, for a guy who lives in NZ and knows several of the Wingnuts team, I only have 1!! :blush:

Cheers

Anthony

Guest Peterpools

Slow and steady. That's the guiding light for the Fokker build. While I'm still making war plans for the Albatros wing problem fix this weekend, I started the Fokker build with the front office. A quick comparison of just the seat and joy stick to the Albatros kit and it's readily apparent that WNW keeps pushing the envelope. The seat cushion was nearly non existent in the Albatros and in the Fokker kit, delicate, detailed and brilliant. The joy stick is right on the money in detail and fidelity. I deviated a bit form the color call outs in the instructions and am using it, along with a restoration project. Colors are always suspect in restorations and I don't believe there are any actual original DVII to compare. So my Fokker will be a combination of all the materials, colors and information, I can find.

The floor board wood colors seem to be different from aircraft to aircraft and I decided to use a light colored plywood color, grain it with burnt sienna and then a orange shellac finish. The final color seems to match the restorations photos quite well. Tghe kit PE seatbelts and harness es were used after annealing the parts to allow for a more realistic, natural appearance.

As the front office develops and the welled steel fuselage cage is built, all the additional parts, details and control cables will be added.

Thanks for following

PCW_3739.jpg

PCW_3743.jpg

PCW_3742.jpg

PCW_3733.jpg

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Hi Peter , Very nice . There`s one I found with still original paint and coverings . Check out my build(post) its in the Brome County Museum in Quebec. From what I see the tubing looks close in color to RLM02. Willi

Edited by miamiangler