32nd Mosquito?

Saber

• 2 weeks later...

hello there!!

The Revell 32nd Mosquito is not a bad kit! Of course does not fullfill the today's standards but the shape is accurate enough! I have build this one back in 1990! The Cockpit needs a lot of work, as does the bomb bay! The landing gear is Ok i think but in this scale i am sure a lot can be added! If anyone is prepaired for some scratchbuilt interiors, the general outline is exceptable!! I do not know about the paragon conversion! I have never seen it! If one wants to built the bomber version the kit itself will provide most of it for a repsectable model!!

Happy modelling

The Revell kit will be the glass nose.

Grey Matter Figures who are sponsors on LSP sell the gun nose conversion.

The OOP Paragon cockpit set, vac canopy and gun nose is as rare as rocking horse doo dah so you will have a nigh on impossible job finding one.

The Grey Matter nose is a nice piece and you can scratch the cockpit up to your standard.

The real problem is the kit canopy which is wrong for the FBVI.

FWIW, there are a number of issues surrounding the 1/32nd scale Revell kit, boxed as a Mk IV. Most notably is the incorrectly proportioned canopy which is clearly evident. Thankfully, this was addressed by Paragon. There have also been comments raised about incorrectly shaped nacelles. The interior detailing is also very sparse, befitting a kit of 70's vintage.

With all the renewed interest in 1/32nd scale, I am shocked to say the least that we still lack a good 1/32nd Mosquito Mk (pick any variant and insert it here)!

At least we have a great 1/24th scale model! I wonder if that will ever be kitted as a Mk IV?

Mark Proulx

Perhaps you are thinking of Marine Air Products? Long defunct, they did a Mk IV interior but it was very poor. There was also a company called Accurate Aircraft (I think) who did a two stage Merlin conversion. The cowlings were solid resin and quite heavy.

Mark Proulx

I hope so too! Mosquito is a fantastic looking aircraft!! But also Petliakov-PE-2, Bristol beaufighters! I sent my wishing to Trumpeter Models......but, well....secret, silence, close doors, top secret, fort knox...etc etc!

If you're in search of a 1/32 Beaufighter, there are plenty of the old Revell kits out there on e-bay from time to time ... decent prices too ... and if you're worried about detail, after market is in plentiful supply for both that AND conversions!!

Dear Artful 69,

Thank you for informing me about it! I am aware of the availiability of Beaufighter from Revell in 32nd! I have one allready! I just do not have the time these days to sit and do some modelling but also i was hoping another manufactorer would produce a more detailed and accurate model!!

Please let me know wich after market detail sets are on sale,(if is easy to remember, please do not make a search) in case if iwant to tacle this 32nd Beau i have in my collection!

Thanks again for the info!!!

Dear Artful 69,

Thank you for informing me about it! I am aware of the availiability of Beaufighter from Revell in 32nd! I have one allready! I just do not have the time these days to sit and do some modelling but also i was hoping another manufactorer would produce a more detailed and accurate model!!

Please let me know wich after market detail sets are on sale,(if is easy to remember, please do not make a search) in case if iwant to tacle this 32nd Beau i have in my collection!

Thanks again for the info!!!

Ok bro ... quickest way always, I find, is to utilise e-bay's search engine ... for some reason, you type "1/32 Beaufighter" or even just "Beaufighter" on a lot of the other specific supply sites and you get the run around ...

so try here for some vacuform conversion parts (Mk-X), RAAF decals, Photo etch detailing parts and 'quickboost' porcupine exhausts ...

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=1%2F32+beaufighter&_sacat=0&_from=R40

There are also Canadian Coastal Command decals available in different locations around the globe ...

I think Sovereign (and other such companies) make good turned brass/alloy gun barrells etc ... you'll have to search around on this one ...

I rarely go THAT detailed unless the barrels are exposed on a 'closed up' build (like most of my German aircraft)

And there are generic 'British WWII' parts around ... MDC build an excellent aftermarket set of underwing rockets in 1/32 in both early/late war ... and in either HE or AP configuration.

Don't panic if you see stuff around and it disappears (ie: ebay) ... I've seen at least 20 such ad's for parts in the last 2 years while gathering bits an pieces for my aircraft :)

... and everyone advertises like they are the last of The Mohicans!!

Hope this helps a little?

Rog :)