32nd scale with civilian cloths

Guest Peterpools

No whining at all as far as I can see Mark! - Good list (and close to mine). One more that I really like is the Pilatus PC-6 Turbo-Porter (I blame the film 'Air America' for that!).

Cheers

Derek

Derek---Honestly I just copied your post. I would have to say, my most favorite of the list is the O-1 Birddog. I could list more GA A/C but i figured if someone (Paul Fisher) was looking. Maybe an A/C with a dual roll might spark an intest. My personal interest is Racers and GA. (not airliners). And Your right a Pilatus PC-6 Turbo-Porter, would be very very nice. Do one for Skydivers and an Air America A/C,,,, STOP IT NOW Im get my hops up. I do hope somone will see all this and help us all out. Look at the Super Cub, now if Revell would do a Super Cub w/ flaps and do a J-3, I would'nt know what to do w/ myself.

Mark

Derek---Honestly I just copied your post. I would have to say, my most favorite of the list is the O-1 Birddog. I could list more GA A/C but i figured if someone (Paul Fisher) was looking. Maybe an A/C with a dual roll might spark an intest. My personal interest is Racers and GA. (not airliners). And Your right a Pilatus PC-6 Turbo-Porter, would be very very nice. Do one for Skydivers and an Air America A/C,,,, STOP IT NOW Im get my hops up. I do hope somone will see all this and help us all out. Look at the Super Cub, now if Revell would do a Super Cub w/ flaps and do a J-3, I would'nt know what to do w/ myself.

Mark

Great post Mark. I agree with you on all accounts. Educate me in the ways of the Super Cub with flaps and how I can modify the Revell kit? (sounds like a reasonably easy mod to make?).

Cheers

Derek

Another cool thing in 1/32 scale would be some historical aircraft like a Locheed Vega so we could do the Winnie Mae or Amelia Earhart's plane, the Spirit of St Louis, the Wright flyer, in fact there are almost no models of pioneer aircraft. I would love to build a Mr. Mulligan to, in fact all of Benny Howards aircraft would be great in 1/32. The Curtiss Robin would be cool also, lots of these were used to break avaition records.

I wonder if most of the a/c wanted in the above posts could be produced as simple but accurate kits with a parts count of 30-40pcs. Would that defray costs on both the manufacturing and consumer side? Brian's Beaver is an example of that type of kit.

Another cool thing in 1/32 scale would be some historical aircraft like a Locheed Vega so we could do the Winnie Mae or Amelia Earhart's plane, the Spirit of St Louis, the Wright flyer, in fact there are almost no models of pioneer aircraft. I would love to build a Mr. Mulligan to, in fact all of Benny Howards aircraft would be great in 1/32. The Curtiss Robin would be cool also, lots of these were used to break avaition records.

There are a lot of classic aircraft (US, UK and other Nations) not currently kitted, so it would be nice to see some of these in 1/32 scale :)

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Totally agree. I think Beech bought all of them back but a few and that was the end of the Starships. Even the Lear version was not a successful venture and cancelled.

Peter

Great post Mark. I agree with you on all accounts. Educate me in the ways of the Super Cub with flaps and how I can modify the Revell kit? (sounds like a reasonably easy mod to make?).

slight thread drift

Derek and Mark,

Revell released 3 different boxings of the Super Cub kit. I believe you can cross kit the early Revell Germany or Revell USA release with the later Revell Germany kit (RG4698 with floats) to get what you want. It comes with flaps, a 150 HP engine and the rounded side windows of the civilian Super Cub. No wheeled landing gear, though.

Gary

who would love a DHC-1, 2 and/or 3 :)

slight thread drift

Derek and Mark,

Revell released 3 different boxings of the Super Cub kit. I believe you can cross kit the early Revell Germany or Revell USA release with the later Revell Germany kit (RG4698 with floats) to get what you want. It comes with flaps, a 150 HP engine and the rounded side windows of the civilian Super Cub. No wheeled landing gear, though.

Gary

Great Gary - thank you for that information :speak_cool: (I didn't know that much about this aircraft/kit, so I appreciate your input).

Derek

There are indeed a lot of civi kits Id love to see in 32nd..................but one that comes to mind that ALWAYS is an eye catcher when the Scratch Builders kit come up.........

staggerwing.jpg

Saw one of those at Duxford Brian - beautiful looking aircraft :speak_cool: (I know that Dave at UMI Resins was working on a set of 1/32 kit master patterns just before his untimely demise).

Derek

slight thread drift

Derek and Mark,

Gary

Gary--- WOW, thanks for the info. thats what I get fro not paying attention. Guess I need to hunt acouple of thoes down. There we go Derek, we can interchange the wings.

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Brian

The G17S Staggerwing has to be the most beautiful airplanes ever created. A true testament to Walter Beech and a classic airplane that has stood the test of time.

Peter