AM 1:32 F/A-18E Pit Soon?

Cycling Guy

Its been a long tme coming , the kits been around for nearly 2 years now , and it took over a year for Eduard to start producing sets for the E and F, ,

however since the original pits are pretty plain , there's not that much to be added to .. however it won't stop me buying one if and when a resin cockpit is produced.. modellers huh...!

Modern jets get no love from AM companys ... :( ..

Well, except for the Eduard's stuff for about all of the planes, the Aires stuff for the Su-27, F-16, F-14, Su-25, and Typhoon, plus the exhausts for the Super Hornet. Also don't forget the Wolfpack stuff for the Su-27, F-16, F-15, and F-14. And can't forget Zactoman's stuff for the MiG-29, Su-27, MiG-23, and so on.

There is actually a lot of stuff out there for 1/32 jets, but the lack of resin cockpit sets (other than the SuperBug F-18E pit) for the Super Hornets is one glaring hole that needs to be plugged IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...

Question for the experts: What type of ejection seats are installed in the different F/A-18 models (A,B,C,D,E,F), and what type of ejection seat is included in the Avionix/Black box F/A-18B conversion kit 1/32?

• 3 weeks later...

Any ideas if Aires or anyone else is coming out with a pit for this? I'm really itching to pull the trigger on this kit but I'd like the pit to go with it.

Any ideas if Aires or anyone else is coming out with a pit for this? I'm really itching to pull the trigger on this kit but I'd like the pit to go with it.

Super bug models is making one. I think it is finished and available now.

I have preorder the full set with exhaust, intakes, cockpit, wheelbays, and so.... but he is still working on some parts, so i am waiting for it before starting to build the trump kit.

But i think cockpit can be order now.

http://superbugmodels.net/superbugresin/32scale2.htm

Edited by Zero77

Question for the experts: What type of ejection seats are installed in the different F/A-18 models (A,B,C,D,E,F), and what type of ejection seat is included in the Avionix/Black box F/A-18B conversion kit 1/32?

According to Jake's excellent Super Hornet guide the late Legacy Hornets and the E and F use the NACES seat, the SJU17(V)1/A for the front seats on both the E and F.

The rear chair on the F is the SJU17(V)2/A althought the difference between the two is purely internal.

Aires does a nice seat for the E, part # 2173 which can also be used for the WSO on the F.

Phil