1/32 P-51B

MartinP

Wow,thanks Man,

Makes me glad I quit,

J

Personally Jerry Im just about 100% convinced its because people are scared of resin. Period. Nothing in the AM market is perfect, not Aires stuff, not Fisher stuff none of it. Your B is the best one out there, and id venture to say its no more difficult to put together than any of the resin stuff out there is.

Im STILL trying to talk my buddy Pete (PeteG here on LSP) out of one of his TWO Rutman Bs, but he wont come off of them! :fight: :lol:

Personally Jerry Im just about 100% convinced its because people are scared of resin. Period. Nothing in the AM market is perfect, not Aires stuff, not Fisher stuff none of it. Your B is the best one out there, and id venture to say its no more difficult to put together than any of the resin stuff out there is.

Im STILL trying to talk my buddy Pete (PeteG here on LSP) out of one of his TWO Rutman Bs, but he wont come off of them! :fight: :lol:

Brian,

You made my day buddy! The heat from my face is making the desk top melt.

J

• 8 months later...
Halinski has a paper model in 1/33 scale, they really are the top of the line for the paper models. If you don't want to try building it out of paper, you could use the parts as a pattern and build it out of plastic or balsa. Here's a P-51C built out of the box, so to speak.

Here's a P-51D that was very detailed with a lot of extra stuff

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=21269&&page=3

Ironwings or Geoffs article about kitbashing a better B model is a good read.

Very precise, as opposed to my frankenstein P-51B ding hao! And shangri-la.

Like Jerry said probably the cheapest way to get a decent B.

Jon

That would be the cheapest way. There is a newer way to get a very nice looking B but not cheap. You could get the new Tamiya51D kit and graft the old revel razorback onto it so you would have the super accurate shape of the nacelle from the Tamiya kit. Then you would have to modify the Tamiya wing or use the revell wing and BOOM!!

J

Edited by JRutman

You can try this.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=27606

No matter what you decide, it's going to cost at least two kits or one of JR's if you can find one, or a good amount of work to correct something currently on the market. Bashing the Revel B aft spine to the Hasegawa forward area isn't difficult. All the cuts are made on existing panel lines. You can take a section of the Revell wing seat and graft it to the Hasegawa wing seat. This allows you to use the Revell -B- wing which is very different than the -D- wing. There is a very slight difference in the dorsal cowl shape (its higher than the -D-) where it meets the fire wall. I wouldn't worry about the difference.

HTH

Geoff