F-4G Conversion on the way

Viper Enforcer

Sorry, but all the package sets will be Nationals exclusives. Again, we may run a little special when we get back and our stock is replenished, but no promises.

Looks like you covered a lot of bases here Mike :goodjob:

Derek

Thanks Derek, but the real credit goes to Erik, as He's been working on these projects for quite some time. Also hats off to Pat who’s CAD and hand pattern work have been just as valuable on the F-4G and other projects.

Just PLEASE do something with the legs. Both are incorrect but Tamyia´s offering is unreal and bad on top of it. I know it is my eternal topic but ............ well, they are really bad .

Jozef

We'll have more on the gear. Visit our table for a teaser of sorts.

A bit unfair on the Tamiya offerings. They goofed the inlet ducting and the jetcans are sub-scale, but they're pretty much spot-on in terms of outline accuracy. The Revell canopy profile has never looked quite right to me - the rear hood being too 'flat', which is why I believe you see so many done hoods-up, to mask that error.

Any chance of an RF-4 conversion for the Tamiya? The Black Box/Avionix set is pretty good for a 'flat' nose, but it is solid and it would be fantastic to see a more modern set done as a 'hollow' nose moulding with scope for proper camera sensor detail and maybe clear resin camera hatches, allowing for 'flat' or 'rounded' nose profile options. I don't think Tamiya are ever going to do it (and it took twenty years for Hasegawa to tackle RF-4s in 1/48th scale, long after they'd done every other variant going, and they are quicker off the mark).

Great stuff!

Tony T

Thanks Tony and I understand there's preference for the Tamiya F-4. We will be addressing most of the shortcomings associated with the Tamiya F-4s next year, though we will have a few accessories available for the Tamiya Phantoms this year like intakes (both the NAVY and AF), Exhausts, and gear. Some of our "made for Revell" sets will also be made to fit the Tamiya kit, like the QF-4 and F-4G conversion. Of course these will require the Wing slat upgrade first.

I can't promise a Recce conversion yet, as it's too early to gauge the scope of such a major conversion right now, though personally I would love to do it. Give us some time to establish the current F-4 accessories and the projects in work now, before we start into any major convesions for the Tamiya F-4.

Mike V

Been busy, but here are some Exhaust pics.

Here's the Long nozzle J-79. It's a simple 3 piece assembly. Note the flame holder is molded flush to the end of the Exhaust duct. The turbine section mounts right behind the flame holder and the augmenter squirl cone tucks in neatly in between the two lower flame holder rings.

1AJ-79LongNozzle1.jpg

1AJ-79LongNozzle2.jpg

1AJ-79LongNozzle3.jpg

The Exhaust opening to the model need to be to scale thickness. The nozzle is designed to tightly fit in the thinned opening, just as the real finger seals fit snugly around the Exhaust nozzle base/shroud.

1AJ-79LongNozzle4.jpg

1AJ-79LongNozzle5.jpg

1AJ-79LongNozzle6.jpg

Mike, those are awesome pics.

Guys, I too will like to say that these are awesome nozzles. Erik told me about these while back and I wanted to spill the beans here but I gave my word to Erik to keep it a surprise until they are shown by one of the SH guys.

Erik, what a genius dude....the way he design these exhaust is brilliant. The fit looks perfect and the detail.....oh man, it is awesome. I can tell those pics above do not do justice to the fine detail within the exhaust and nozzles. I had to call Erik soon I looked at the photos he sent me of the nozzles and ask him about what is his secret....well, all I can say is I still don't have a clue... :rofl:

In the end, I know I'll be getting few more of these suckers. So, go bug Mike at his table at the NATS and pic up all those resin goodies Erik crated. :thumbsup:

Mike

Edited by Youngtiger1

Thanks for the interest guys! We are keeping prices as low as we can on these Revell F-4 sets as we want to get the kit issues resolved with minimum wallet impact as I feel it can rival the costly Tamiya (although I have and will make sets for them as well) when the issues are resolved. Cost is up to Mike and depends on packaging, instructions, and casting difficulty.

Nice work on the exhaust...finally something that is correct and fits as well.

Thanks Harold, Yes it seemed the only ones out there that did fit had other issues. I got tired of it as well. Also recall the thread (here on LSP?) was pretty long so know there were a few also looking for a good fitting set.

Thanks Harold, Yes it seemed the only ones out there that did fit had other issues. I got tired of it as well. Also recall the thread (here on LSP?) was pretty long so know there were a few also looking for a good fitting set.

You did good work on the cans. I really don't understand why some of the "big boys" never could get them right.

I really don't understand why some of the "big boys" never could get them right.

I can't understand how the 'big boys' miss so much stuff. Sorry, but if I'm going to spend $50 for an F-4 cockpit set, it better come with correct seats. I once had a conversation with Aires where they insisted all F-4s shared the same seats with no differences...........

Jake

I can't understand how the 'big boys' miss so much stuff. Sorry, but if I'm going to spend $50 for an F-4 cockpit set, it better come with correct seats. I once had a conversation with Aires where they insisted all F-4s shared the same seats with no differences...........

Jake

I agree with that. I noticed some of the seats they claimed were "Navy". NOT.