Announcing the "Almost Out Of Box Group Build"

LSP_Ron

You know, I never quite get use to being shut down when I make good points...oh well.

I'll join in this OOB Group Build but I haven't decided what I will build, however please don't enter me in any raffle which has a prize supplied from the personal finances or stash of any forum member.

Honestly Brad, there's really no need for comments like that. The discussion was veering way off-topic, and was only getting argumentative. It's our job as moderators to steer it back on course. There was nothing personal in it, and there's no need to take it personally. Nor should it elicit a knee-jerk response. If members wish to donate a GB prize, we respect and appreciate that, and I don't think they deserve to have it thrown in their faces like that. I'm sure that's not what you intended, but that's definitely how it reads.

Now, since I'm only perpetuating the off-topic aspects of this thread, I suggest that any further discussions about this be conducted via PM. We appreciate your ideas, but perhaps you need to work on your delivery.

Kev

I have to start packing up the hobby room for a move. My wife and I decided it is time for a change so we bought a different house closer to work. I can say the new hobby room is really, really nice and purpose built but..... it's smaller. Oh well, I start packing this weekend and won't be up and running again until the fall.

Ron

Mike:"Are you thinking winter/dirty bird?"

I don't think I could pull something like that off. Think I'll stick with the "standard" camo.

Actually, I'm just trying to avoid Messerschmitts and Focke Wulfs... which seem to take up more than their fair share of the stash.

Other candidates:

Salamander (needs a new seat).

Avenger (I already started it)

Ju 88 (big job)

Catalina (really big job)

Sagitario (definitely maybe)

Wingnuts kit (They are all cool, very tempting)

Tamiya Spitfire (100% OOB!) and the real thing is in a shed, near my home.

I've got plenty to choose from, it's just a case of what I'm in the mood for.

Obviously, there's nothing stopping from building the rest anyway... just motivation.

Mmmm. I don't seem to have a He 111 in my collection. Might have to do something about that.

I have to start packing up the hobby room for a move. My wife and I decided it is time for a change so we bought a different house closer to work. I can say the new hobby room is really, really nice and purpose built but..... it's smaller. Oh well, I start packing this weekend and won't be up and running again until the fall.

Ron

Ah bummer. That stinks. :( Im sure the move will be worth it, but sux to have to forgo the OOB GB.

Tamiya Spitfire (100% OOB! AOOB!) and the real thing is in a shed, near my home.

DING! :lol:

Catalina (really big job)

As in a PBY?!?! In 1/32?!?! Really???!! Oh please do that!!

(or the Il-2 in a dirty winter scheme...I want to learn how to do that. I have a Tam. Do-335 with heavy armament that I want to do that to.)

Just my $.02.

:beer4:

Cheers,

Dave

You have some nice kits to choose from. That Il-2 is a big plane isn't it?

Yes it is, Mike. Very apt for LSP.

DING! :lol:

I'll have to check the kit first but there are always seat belts and bake lines. Can't use the PE Rolls Royce plates, though.

As in a PBY?!?! In 1/32?!?! Really???!! Oh please do that!!

Just my $.02.

:beer4:

Cheers,

Dave

I hear ya, Dave. It's definitely on my "to-do" list... along with the Sunderland/Canberra/Strikemaster etc, etc.

It's been calling to me from my stash and I have everything I need. Unfortunately, these are vac kits so will require some daunting (and extensive) scratch building.

But... I have a lot of started projects that I really need to clear from my bench before I start something this size.

This time around, I might really just need something simple/stupid to ease me back into the model building frame of mind. The little Tamiya, Revell and Wingnut kits fit that bill nicely.

Having said all that, it's a 12 month group build, so you never know.

Maybe it's time for another "Clear the bench" GB?

• 2 weeks later...

Ron, great idea! Do we have any prizes for this build?

I will not be participating but would would like to offer up a Special Hobby 1/32 scale X-15A2 as first prize for the winner if you want it? I will pay postage also or I can send it along to you to be awarded to the winner.

Just want to give something back to say thanks for the all the hard work you moderators put in keeping this board what it is, the best discussion board on the internet!

Cheers,

Ron, great idea! Do we have any prizes for this build?

I will not be participating but would would like to offer up a Special Hobby 1/32 scale X-15A2 as first prize for the winner if you want it? I will pay postage also or I can send it along to you to be awarded to the winner.

Just want to give something back to say thanks for the all the hard work you moderators put in keeping this board what it is, the best discussion board on the internet!

Cheers,

I'll PM you mate.

Kev