HPH L-39

Pete Fleischmann

I was just talking about this one with Adam and Kevin at expo in Melbourne the other day. Would be one that I would like to add to my collection for sure. Will also be very interested when in comes out.

Eric.

Here is my paint design, they added the eyes, stars and CCCP's after It was sold and tweaked the wing tips a bit, but I designed the original scheme for it...

Oceana2005L39.jpg

Very pretty looking ship Tony. Are these decals going to be in the HPH kit?

This is a handsome looking little jet. If the price point is right, it would be a cool one to add to my stash.

Brian

How big of a deal is it to mod to the C version? Wikipedia seems to indicate that there is a big list of changes, but does the detail really show up in more than the hard points and the landing gear?

I am really partial to the Reno air racers and to one in Estonian colors, but they were probably all C versions (faster, unarmed and lighter).

Tnarg

I just took my checkride in this L-39C

N29VP.jpg

SDC11901.jpg

Here's me (on the left) with my check airman after the checkride-This guy gives checkrides in the L-39, L-29, T-6, T-28, and OV-1

DSC_0074.jpg

Wonderful jet. Come on up to KBDR and we'll go for a ride-

Cheers-

Pete

SDC11881-1.jpg

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Love the 3rd pic Pete. As an aviator myself I know the feeling of a succesful check. Would love to go for a fly with you but it won't be any time soon! Will be very keen to get my hands on this bird.

Eric.

Love the 3rd pic Pete. As an aviator myself I know the feeling of a succesful check. Would love to go for a fly with you but it won't be any time soon! Will be very keen to get my hands on this bird.

Eric.

Thanks Eric-

It was a good ride. The jet is very easy, with simple and reliable systems. I did three rides with an instructor then took the checkride. In the states they(the FAA) gives you an "Authorized Experimental Aircraft- AV L-39" endorsement on your certificate.

Come on up and we'll wring it out-

..And just so there is no misunderstanding..It is against the FAA rules to charge non-pilot passengers for a ride in an experimental jet-

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Modify to "C" model - I would compare it to modifying F-16A to a C variant :)

On the serious note.

L-39C cannot carry anything under the wings (does not have the wires, pipes etc.), has different undercarriage & wheels (ZA is beefed up), different engine so therefore exhaust pipe doesn`t look the same, does not carry a canon pod to name the most glaring ones from external point of view.

Inside, obviously, the cockpit in ZA version has extra weapon panels and slightly different design of dials/instruments compared to C.

Under the skin, they are 2 very different airplanes structure-wise.

Best reference would be WWP publication on L-39 topic.