HK B-25

csavaglio

This was one of those projects that had a lot of random minor bad luck sorts of things that conspired into what I think is definitely not my finest work. Anyhow, it's a good practice for the strafer I really want.....

I used the SAC gear and Terry Dean weight set. The SAC gear worked great, although there's a few things that are being reworked as I type. I used tape and p.e. for the belts. I also used Kit World decals for the individual markings. I used the kit insignia, and, although they looked glossy and horrible on the sheet, they were really thin and went down well. They did need some trimming since they were out of register and I didn't get rid of all the white around the edges. The prop decals are spares, since the kit ones were white backed under the yellow and, because they were off a bit, they looked shadowed by white. The kit decals are a big time let down in a kit of this price. Suposedly, the future releases will have decals printed by a know decal maker, but we'll see.

These were just quick phone pics on the desk and I'll try to follow up with some better pics when I figure out where and how to photo this thing.

Chris

IMG_20120606_201726.jpg

IMG_20120606_201720.jpg

IMG_20120606_195423.jpg

IMG_20120606_195355.jpg

IMG_20120606_195402.jpg

Awesome!

Looks really great to me........and I too am really awaiting the straffer for the one B-25 I plan on doing.

Im also glad to hear (and see) the Terry Dean nose weight set worked out. Not that I didnt believe it would make the 32nd Mitchell sit on its nose, its just re-assuring to see it with my own eyes on a finished HK B-25, that someone independent used the set. Ill definitely have to order a set.

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

Well, the KW decal sheet calls for NM on the underside, but I didn't feel this was correct from the pretty common photo of it. It's bare metal under the gun blisters, and there's a definite difference in color between that and where it overlaps on the underside. It could have very well been dirtier NM, but to me, there didn't look like there was any kind of a sheen to it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.....

http://57thbombwing.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=8535

I also decided to put on the blisters since the a/c carried them at some point ( I prob should've cut off a few of the mission markings to depict it earlier) and they look cool.

It's really not the best work I've ever done, but thank you for the comments, guys. And the closeups seem to make everything look even worse to me.....

Oh well, like I said, good practice run for the main event...the strafer.

C

Well, the KW decal sheet calls for NM on the underside, but I didn't feel this was correct from the pretty common photo of it. It's bare metal under the gun blisters, and there's a definite difference in color between that and where it overlaps on the underside. It could have very well been dirtier NM, but to me, there didn't look like there was any kind of a sheen to it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.....

http://57thbombwing....?g2_itemId=8535

I also decided to put on the blisters since the a/c carried them at some point ( I prob should've cut off a few of the mission markings to depict it earlier) and they look cool.

It's really not the best work I've ever done, but thank you for the comments, guys. And the closeups seem to make everything look even worse to me.....

Oh well, like I said, good practice run for the main event...the strafer.

C

I agree , it does look Grey underneath.

The model came out great. Thanks for the heads up on the kit decals, Chris. I'm going to try and cover mine with aluminum foil and make a fictitious aircraft. I'm not sure which bomb group I'm going to do but I'm going to also try to mask of and paint on my own decals.

I'm going to try and cover mine with aluminum foil and make a fictitious aircraft. I'm not sure which bomb group I'm going to do but I'm going to also try to mask of and paint on my own decals.

Coooooooool

Im foiling my Straffer as LiL from the 498th BG. (see left <----------- )

Ive found depending on what masking material and foil your using, paint masks work excellent over foil

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha