Revell 1/32 ARADO 196 with extras

shepard

If you've already ordered and paid for the resin canopy, I'd wait for it. Unless of course you plan to build another one that you could use it on. Still, it would be interesting to see what you can achieve with the kit one.

Kev

Why would you want a resin canopy? The kit one looks fine to me.

(I have no idea what an Arado canopy looks like in real life, heh)

The kit canopy parts have locating tabs that are difficult to disguise on the finished model.

Kev

Ohhhh.. I see. Thanks for the explanation, Kev.

Yes shep - wait for the resin one since (I assume) you've ordered it and paid for it already. At least, that's what I would've done in your professional modeling shoes. ;)

I too am awaiting my Stukas canopy, but while doing so I'm taking the opportunity to correct and fine-tune every little piece. It'll be worth it in the end!

Edited by Snussugen

Why would you want a resin canopy? The kit one looks fine to me.

(I have no idea what an Arado canopy looks like in real life, heh)

hi snuss; i think Kevin explained very well canopy issue....

but im glad with the results so far..... maybe i will use it.... but as you guys said, lets wait for the resin replacement one....

cheers

shep

Looking really sharp. Id hate to compete against you. Topnotch modeling my friend.

Oliver

Oliver im very honored with your words...even more coming from someone like you....

as i always said, you are more than a reference to me...

thank you so much...

wilson

If you've already ordered and paid for the resin canopy, I'd wait for it. Unless of course you plan to build another one that you could use it on. Still, it would be interesting to see what you can achieve with the kit one.

Kev

lets wait some more kev... maybearrives this week ... who knows?

shep

damn fine work on the kit canopy, curious to see if the resin is THAT much better

shawn, im asking the same to me... im very happy with the results, and with all the frames painted, i think it will do fine....

tks my friend

shep

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there folks.... made my VF canopy one using the kit as a mold.... now im still waiting for the resin alley cat arrives...

i will update here asap....

cheers

Shep

I really enjoy this build... it is amazing! I have 1000's of hours on float planes and I find this finish quite realistic ... the interesting thing is that almost all seaplanes had blocks of zink attached to the floats - the reason being is that the zink block (sacrificial anode) acts as a battery and does all the corrosion for the aircraft so that the aluminium airframe doesn't have to!! We used to change our zink blocks out every 6 months when our Otters were in the saltwater....

Problem is that I couldn't find any zink blocks on this kit.... but, nevertheless it is a beautiful piece of work!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

Shep, this is looking really great. I like your weathering work. I know how hard the canopies are to get looking right, hopefully yours come out okay. Seeing the rest of the build though, I'm not worried. You'll do fine.

Keep up the great work!

Matt :party0023: