LSPs at Noreastcon 2012

Tomek

Hi folks,

I thought some of you may be interested in some photos of large scale planes at the Noreastcon convention, which was held this weekend (May 5-6). Really nice show, held in a hangar of the American Air Power Museum in Farmingdale, New York. What better location for the model show?!

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388-1.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

More to come...

The Radioactive warning is particularly interesting. Did it keep the little fingers off the models?

Thanks for some fine photos of very well made models.

Tnarg

I really don't have much experience to say if this show was good for LSPs or not. The numbers may tell you more: slightly over 100 modelers entered about 570 models. Among these there were 20 LSPs. I'm not counting my models, they were put in the separate category - "paper creations".

I really like the conversion F4-G Phantom II (first photo). Very impressive to say the least.

I missed two Fw-190s. There were entered into the contest later and were in a different place in my camera.

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0331-1.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

I had really good time.

Edited by Tomek

The Radioactive warning is particularly interesting. Did it keep the little fingers off the models?

I liked those signs as well. Kind of cool! The little fingers yes, but not the hamfisted judges :lol: .... just kidding ...

Now, that is cool. A model show in a Museum. Best of both worlds.

Yup! I filled up my memory card pretty quickly in the museum part. The American Airpower Museum staff is very friendly and they more than happy to let crazies drool and take hundreds of walkaround photos of their aircrafts on display. I may share those bit later, when I get around sorting the photos out.

How was the vendors area?

My friends went home with some good deals (or at least that's what they say ...). I'm not the best person to judge such things, but based on overheard opinions it was OK. Not great, but decent.

Thanks for posting these great pics. Nice to see such a good amount of LSP entries in the contest. Wish they would put leg extenders on the tables though as most modelers are getting up in age and don't do so well when we have to bend way down like that to look!

All that is needed are short lengths of cheap PVC pipe slid onto the legs at the bottom and presto!

No more back ache,

J