New project -26June44 near Cheux

JRutman

Oh, I don't know ... compared to the photo I think the latest figure's hair is spot on. In the picture it looks wild and wiry and you've captured it (pardon the pun) perfectly.

I'm not blowing smoke when I say how much I'm enjoying this - my main interest years ago were 54mm figures (Napoleonic mainly) and I know I couldn't get close to your work.

I look forward to each and every post.

Grant.

Thanks Grant,

Very nice of you to say so. I tried painting teeny tiny figs for war games back in the 70s. 25mm guys. I have a whole regt of Prussian line troops with a field piece and cavalry as well. That is assembly line painting though,nothing like this.

J

Edited by LSP_Kevin
Fixed quoting issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Jerry, finally get to see what you have been up to. MY,MY what wonderful work you have done ! Very soulful.....Harv :popcorn: :wow:

002-81.jpg

Here is the first wee scotsman(Glasgow HL) I still need to putty his hands to the sleeves. My first ever effort at a UK infantryman. Don't be too hard on me oh people of old blighty.

J

polpot004.jpg

And another of his charges limping along

Edited by JRutman

Nice ... grim determination over frustration/disappointment.

Why does our (British) kit always look so uncomfortable to wear?? compare our kit and webbing to US or German etc, everyone else's looked way more comfortable to work in. I appreciate that the prisoner has been relieved of his kit but just look at his smock compared to the Brit battledress and high waisted trousers; and don't get me started on boots with gaiters!! Ooops, rant over ! sorry.

Grant