New project -26June44 near Cheux

JRutman

Thanks so much guys once again for the kind words and for keeping up with this.

Here we see Obersturmfuhere Kuret,late of the 12SS Pioneer Bn. doing the walk of shame for the British Newsreels. It looks to me,given the fact that the rest of his crew are wearing cammo that he has had his jacket removed by the Brits for the viewers at home maybe to see an SS officer? He has also had his award and decorations(if any) removed and still has his pockets open and jacket unbuttoned from the POW search. Kuret does not seem happy but at least he survived!

002-75.jpg

004-22.jpg

Astonishing - please tell me you didn't donate a lock of your own hair as well, or is it the heated needle technique? Whichever it is, it's incredibly realistic and reflects that utterly dishevelled, cold and exhausted look he has in the picture.

Grant

Thanks for checking in again fellas and for the kind words. I do find now that it is much easier on my age addled brain to replicate a photo than to try to make up a figure from imagination.

Obant,I just wish that I had any hair to use for this guy! Unfortunately I must resort to cotton swabs.

J

Wow, every figure you complete, seems to put a black and white photograph to life. This post gets better and better.

Grant beat me to it. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how you replicated the hair on the second figure. I'm learning a lot with this article Jerry. Thanks for posting.

I'm really looking forward to each new figure coming to life. Great post here.

Regards,

Troy

JR, I think you are the guy to do the famous pic of all the German POWs walking west, while all the 'murican trucks and tanks roll to the East.

Nice figure(s).

Thanks guys for the continuing support and generous comments. I decided it was the time,since I recieved my Dragon order,to build one of the 'wee scotsman" guarding these guys.

Here is the first one next to his pictorial counterpart behind him.

002-76.jpg

003-36.jpg

I know very little about British kit from the era. What is the deal with his chosen headgear? Is he maybe wearing a scottish beret under the tin hat? Or maybe a watch hat? I was lucky enough to find a Warriers' head that was pretty close to the jeering look on the original piccie.

J

Blimey, I was concentrating so much on the German POW's that I hadn't really registered the Scottish guards being there. They'll add heaps to the overall scene, if nothing else, with some contrast of colour.

The guy's headgear - I'm almost certain that unlike the US troops, the British infantry weren't issued with anything to wear under the helmet (although some may have worn a balaclava in cold conditions) so it may be that he's indeed wearing his beret or Tam o' Shanter underneath but, why? ... who knows?

Grant

Edited by Obant

MAN....................I am SO envious of your skill with figures!!! If I could master stuff like this I think it would add a lot to my builds but I seem to struggle with faces.........which you seem to have NO issues with. I mean really...............Kuret looks stupendous.

Brian

Thanks Grant,Hartmann and Brian,for the kind words. Here is the latest mini dude. Didn't get the hair as dead on with this guy but it was a little taxing in this case. Sorry for the fuzzy pic.

002-77.jpg

Maybe this one is better?

001-150.jpg

Edited by JRutman

Oh, I don't know ... compared to the photo I think the latest figure's hair is spot on. In the picture it looks wild and wiry and you've captured it (pardon the pun) perfectly.

I'm not blowing smoke when I say how much I'm enjoying this - my main interest years ago were 54mm figures (Napoleonic mainly) and I know I couldn't get close to your work.

I look forward to each and every post.

Grant.

Edited by Obant