1/32 MiG-25

DaneBramage

IIRC the nose (along with chine sections) were removable/changeable depending upon mission. There was a really good article in the sadly defunct 'Wings of Fame' journals - I'll take a look and see if covered.

Iain

IIRC the nose (along with chine sections) were removable/changeable depending upon mission. There was a really good article in the sadly defunct 'Wings of Fame' journals - I'll take a look and see if covered.

Iain

Thanks Iain - I am aware that there were interchangeable noses on the SR-71, but this took me quite by surprise when I noticed it (once you know that it is there, you can no longer ignore it!). From what photographs (and it is not that easy to spot from most angles) I have seen, it appears to have been installed on the later/last SR-71s in operational service (very matt black with hardly any red markings or insignia).

Cheers

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Please Tony, don't tease us!

Been waiting for it a loong time now.

Hi Eli, it's purely a hunch regarding the A-6, not based on any empirical observations etc, sadly! I have been waiting such a long time for that one too!

I'm with Derek with regards a recce Foxbat. Interesting configurations and they sported some great-looking camouflage when in the-then East Germany.

tony t

I know it's heretical to say so here, but I'd love to see a 1/48 Foxbat. The circa 1977 Revell kit is only vaguely Foxbat shaped, and then only if you stay at least 10' away and squint your eyes.

I know it's heretical to say so here, but I'd love to see a 1/48 Foxbat. The circa 1977 Revell kit is only vaguely Foxbat shaped, and then only if you stay at least 10' away and squint your eyes.

Dreadful heresy on LSP!

Only kidding.

I remember that one and sooo much filler and sanding and soo many mods that I ended up binning it.

One or two others have suggested an early MiG-29 variant(s) and that's probably a more realistic option in IM format.

(Am tempted by doing a Naval MiG-29K, however!)

tony t

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner :party0023:

Yep, so we need an SR-71 to go with this. I spoke with Paul Fisher about this and he told me at one time he looked into doing an SR in 1/32 but it would have been an expensive kit to build and sell. All that resin...it sure would have been a heavy sucker.

That's another plane that should have a new tool in styrene. The Foxbat and Blackbird are 2 of the most famous aircraft ever, and all we have is dated toolings.

In 1:48 scale, the old Revell Mig 25 can still be turned into a very nice replica with a bit of effort.

I've got one and no doubt it could be with quite a bit of effort.......but it's not the same as having a new state of the art styrene kit.

As Iain mentioned, those nose cones on SR were removed and changed depended on mission but it is funny that I too have never paid attention to that bulge either. I'm glad you pointed that out. Now, I'll go bug Brian about it and find out what it was under it...:D

BTW, that 1/24 scale Mig-25 sounds....crazy cool. If that is such thing crazy and cool at the same time :D but as for the LSP, give me few weeks and I'll post a pic of SR-71 that is being custom build for the new gallery that will stand 9 feet long and fully detail. :coolio:

Mike

Edited by Youngtiger1

BTW, that 1/24 scale Mig-25 sounds....crazy cool. If that is such thing crazy and cool at the same time :D but as for the LSP, give me few weeks and I'll post a pic of SR-71 that is being custom build for the new gallery that will stand 9 feet long and fully detail. :coolio:

Mike

Wow! Is that 1/8 or 1/10 th scale? That is truly LSP!

The 1/24 MiG-25 is supposed to be a regected casting from molds of the a/c intended for film use in the movie "Independence Day." It needs about as much restoration as detailing added. For instance, for storage it was roughly cut in half! It is in the stash for some time in the future when I get the nerve up to try and work on it and/or get tired of the huge box taking up so much room!

Jim, no it not. This is being build right now and it is going to be mounted on the wall at a local photography gallery, but it is suppose to have a lot of the detail that we see on that build...ie: rivets, full burner cans, and cockpit.