1/32 scale HE-219

Cunumdrum61

Hello everyone,

the next will be the test-build He 219 there (announced to be ready for Friday).

I keep you informed.

Cheers,

Andreas88

\

Good news on that front. I am currently building the ZM SPAD, and it truely is a gem of a kit, going together very well. However not really in any way, being an open panel / wings folded / cutout detail kind of guy, and considering that Revell is usually right on with shape and accuracy (not to mention the price points on both Ive seen so far) all lead me to belive Ill be investing in the ROG Owl and not the ZM version.

Absolutely nothing against ZM, as I have one of their kits, and its one of the best engineered kits Ive built..............its just for the proposed price points (and the fact that I like hte -7 a bit better than the -0 ) I just think for me, the ROG 219 is going to be the way to go. Ill only ever be building one of these monsters........

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the test build photos are now on Revell's website.

http://www.revell.de...php?id=1001&L=0

Wow! I'm really looking forward to this one.

Its shape looks really great, and Im looking forward to comparing both the ZM and Revell offerings. I do hope the production model has a bit more detail added

Brian

It may be that this a/c had them built this way but it looks to me like the oleos are hyper-extended on all 3 landing gear. This mistake has been made on a lot of other kits in all scales when the kit maker uses tech drawings that show the struts in full extension. Is this what has happened here again?

It has been almost a decade since I researched this a/c while making my resin detail set so my memory is fuzzy but can you see why I am concerned?

Otherwise,it looks fantastic and I can't wait to see the first guys' results with a nice wavey,stripey cammo job.

J

I believe you are correct, Jerry. I hope when the kit is released, they will compact them ( a lot).Looks to be a good kit, though.....Harv

It may be that this a/c had them built this way but it looks to me like the oleos are hyper-extended on all 3 landing gear. This mistake has been made on a lot of other kits in all scales when the kit maker uses tech drawings that show the struts in full extension. Is this what has happened here again?

It has been almost a decade since I researched this a/c while making my resin detail set so my memory is fuzzy but can you see why I am concerned?

This is the ZM kit front and main gear images. The oleo on the front leg doesn't look at full stretch here.

Img4858.jpg

Img4859.jpg

Img4856.jpg

Img4857.jpg

That looks a lot better. But to me anyway, they should be a smidgen more compressed, at least the nose gear. But I admit I haven't seen pics of them on the ground.....Harv

Edited by Guest

I like the look of the ZM kit better. The problem seems to be a/c load out. When those pix were taken I assume this was an unloaded a/c without much fuel,ammo and of course,the crew and so the balance may be off. This is just conjecture on my part but I think at least logical?

J