Den fighters, (forever)

LSP_K2

All I can say Kev, is your celling is gonna be awesome ! Keep it up.....Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Harv. I've actually been sitting here, figuring the cost of materials to replace that ceiling with 5/8" sheetrock, and insulate the daylights out of it at the same time. I'd like to go R49, but I may or may not go that high, sort of depends on my financial position at that time.

Good to see the production line is still rolling on mate. I built that Otaki Zero myself a couple of years back. It's neat and goes together well. Its main drawbacks are the wheel bays (too shallow, and inaccurate, like all the Otaki/Arii Japanese kits), and the poor fit of the canopy. Don't forget to paint the internal canopy retaining strip on the fuselage before you glue it on! I did, and it's really noticeable:

file-28.jpg

Kev

Better than my molding of the B-24, which came in this lurid dark green plastic, like the old Brazilian kits, except mine was molded in 2003. Maybe I'll end up converting it into a PB4Y-2 Privateer, or doing a super beat-up PTO bomber?

Keep up the great work. It's great to see you working on so many projects, and retaining such high quality on all of them.

Matt :party0023:

Keep up the great work. It's great to see you working on so many projects, and retaining such high quality on all of them.

Matt :party0023:

Thanks a bunch. No detailing, no AM, just slapping them together like I did when I was a little kid. It's great fun.

I have no idea what you're talking about Kev.

I thought it was just me!

If Im not mistaken, (correct me if im wrong here K1) but I think ive circled what kev is talking about..............

"Don't forget to paint the internal canopy retaining strip on the fuselage before you glue it on! I did, and it's really noticeable:"

file-28_2.jpg

If Im not mistaken, (correct me if im wrong here K1) but I think ive circled what kev is talking about..............

"Don't forget to paint the internal canopy retaining strip on the fuselage before you glue it on! I did, and it's really noticeable:"

If you mean the horizontal portion (that I would normally refer to as the sill), I understand completely Brian.

Sorry for the confusion folks! Brian's got it. It's not really a sill (as it's vertical rather than horizontal), and should probably be removed altogether for an accurate build. But you can see in my photo how noticeable it is if you don't do something with it!

Kev

Sorry for the confusion folks! Brian's got it. It's not really a sill (as it's vertical rather than horizontal), and should probably be removed altogether for an accurate build. But you can see in my photo how noticeable it is if you don't do something with it!

Kev

To tell you the truth Kev, I kinda had to look for it myself! If you hadnt said anything Id likely have not even noticed :lol:

All interesting stuff. As a matter of fact, when hanging from the ceiling, this may become a non-issue. And you're right K1, the canopy has to be one of the worst fitting I've encountered, but for $8.00, I really can't complain too much.
I do have a Mirage 2000 (Monogram kit), that's been hanging out there in the den for several years. It gets moved to the living room, where some other 1:48 jets will also end up hanging, including an F-15 Eagle that's almost ready for paint.