Revell Mosquito info needed

jaxngee

Hi folks, I am starting a revell mosquito kit and wondered if there are any build threads you could point me at or has anyone built and detailed it, is there anything wrong with it-it seems generally good to me but I may be missing something, I seem to remember Paragon doing bits for Mosquitos in other scales

TA for reading this

Allan

Look forward to seeing the build Allan.

I have a couple of these kits and was lucky to get hold of a couple of the Paragon conversion kits a few years back. I pulled together a bunch of data and then started the Mk V1 conversion but wasn't comfortable with where to cut the old nose off. I did anyway but it's not quite right and I never got back to it for one reason or another. Does someone have some instructions or advice on exactly where to make the cut - sorry to hi-jack the thread for a moment Allan. The Revell Mossie is like the Revell Typhoon kit, there are many out there but not too many builds.

Regards

Brent

Edited by branchline

Brent,

Here's my build that I started a while ago which I WILL get back to as soon as I've

finished my Hunter which is WIP.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=33365

There was no advice in the Paragon instructions where to make the cut but I believe

I started about 4mm from the screen cut out (which you have to adjust as well) and adjusted it backwards.

Im using the Warbirds one piece nose which is now being done by Greymatter who are on the forums.

Its a lot simpler than putting the Paragon nose together unless you may intend opening it up.

Phil

Edited by PhilB

Hi mate I think I might have those issues I will have a look when I finish my shift (Thursday) also I got a set of vac clear parts which were done by Warbirds/LSP Dan I think (canopy, nose and side windows)so I don't know if anybody picked them up??

Update the mags are MAM not SAMI so sorry mate I don't have them

Graham

Edited by Lancman

I am starting a revell mosquito kit and wondered if there are any build threads you could point me at

--snip--

Allan,

The following book focuses on building, "accurizing," detailing and converting Revell's 1/32-scale Mosquito kit:

Mosquito, by Bowyer and Philpott (Classic Aircraft series, No. 7; Patrick Stephens [uK], 1980; 120 pages) -- AIRCRAFT TYPES INCLUDED: Mosquito; COCKPIT DETAIL: Mosquito NF & Mosquito FB cockpit floor (p. 88) & door (p. 111); Mosquito NF [version?] (p. 32); Mosquito B.IV (p. 80, 84); Mosquito FB.VI (p. 32, 68, 74); Mosquito B.35 (p. 112, 113); WHEELWELL DETAIL: Mosquito (p. 74, 89); MISCELLANEOUS DETAIL: Mosquito landing gear (p. 74, 111); 2-stage supercharged Mosquito nacelle & engine bay (p. 13); various Mosquito NF noses (p. 73, 104); Mosquito NF & Mosquito FB canopy (p. 74), gun installations (p. 77), door (p. 111); Mosquito B canopy (p. 79); Mosquito B.35 bomb bay (p. 114); MULTI-VIEW DRAWINGS: 2-stage supercharged Mosquito nacelle & engine bay (p. 89); Mosquito prototype wing (p. 96); Mosquito NF.XV gun pack & wingtip (p. 106); GENERIC CAMOUFLAGE PATTERNS: Mosquito (inside back cover); GENERIC MARKING PATTERNS: Mosquito (inside back cover); SPECIFIC MARKING PROFILES: Mosquito prototype (p. 93), Mosquito NF.II (p. 15, 104), Mosquito T.III (p. 102, 103), Mosquito B.IV (p. 18), Mosquito FB.VI (p. 35, 50, 78), Mosquito B.IX (p. 25), Mosquito PR.IX (p. 30), Mosquito NF.XIII (p. 30, 104), Mosquito NF.XV (p. 106), Mosquito PR.XVI (p. 35, 115), Mosquito B. XXV (p. 41), Mosquito NF.30 (p. 45), Sea Mosquito TR.33 (p. 51), Mosquito PR.34 (p. 110, 115), Mosquito NF.36 (p. 67), Mosquito PR.40 (p. 115)

Although it's long out of print, used copies are available from several vendors.

Charles Metz