1/32 Revell JU88 converted to a G6

do335b6

Finally finished of the 1/32 JU88 A-1 converting it to a G-6 using the AIMS conversion set. Never worked with Vacuform before, the set replaces the belly and 60% of the spine with Vacuform, The resin parts are great but the instructions leave alot of questions and are not very clear. Overall I think it turned out ok now bring on the 188.

JU88005.jpg

JU88006.jpg

JU88007.jpg

JU88008.jpg

JU88009.jpg

Lovely work. Did you use the vac spine? I struggled with mine and grafted the DF loop window into the kit part.

The Ju 188 instructions are also quite vague in some areas, but luckily there are some good photos on LSP which show Pastor John's own quick assembly of parts. You'll still need to get yourself some reference though. Ask me how I know!!! :lol:

Very nice! The view of the "Morgenstern" antenna is not that common, not to mention in 1:32 scale :goodjob:

Please add some photos made in daylight or in conditions more appropriate to show the results of your work. Did you face some problems with the AIMS set beside the vague instructions? And how is the "feeling" of these resin parts?

Regards!

- dutik

I'll try and get some more pictures taken. Usually with little feet and hands it's night before these come out. My 2 year old has had a field day with several of my other kits already. He makes them really fly. The resin is pretty good, Wing tips needed some clean up but overall I was impressed. The Vacuform was a bit more of a problem getting to fit right. Both the belly and the rear spine are vacu parts. Once the belly was installed I had a heck of a time getting the cockpit to line up right. Plenty of putty was used on these seams but now it's hard to see where plastic ends and vacu starts.

Thanks

My 2 year old has had a field day with several of my other kits already. He makes them really fly.

:rofl: I can relate to that! When my kids were little it was 'Lock Down' time for the models!

Nice job!

I've never worked with vacu-form before, but I hear it can be a real pain in the keester. I'm old-school plastic, but I'm looking at getting into perhaps a resin kit, and some add on's for my Revell 1/32 HE-111 P-1 and JU-88...metal gun tubes, antennae, etc. Just to see how that goes.

The problem is, the gun tubes and antennae look so nice unpainted, that it's almost a shame to. (Paint them).

Edited by RT-14