What happened to 1/32 B-25

robtmelvin

Does anybody know what ever happened to the much heralded 1/32 B-25? The last I heard the Chinese company Martin was dealing with had screwed him and he was folding Wingscale to start up another company. In the meantime, the B-25 was supposed to be released with Martin working on some other projects. There were a lot of people who had pre-ordered these kits. Now they seem to have dropped off the radar. No mention on Sprue Bros. or any other vendor's site. Just seems like they dropped off the face of the earth and I never seem to see them mentioned any longer.

Bob

Read

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=228065&hl=b25&st=0

Then the good news, they are back see

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=35296

From August 1st, I will be focusing 100% on WINGXL!

And our WINGXL team is glad to be back!

WINGXL will proceed with the following kits in 1/32 scale:

• North American B-25 C/D Mitchell

• Douglas A-26 Invader

• Douglas A-20 Havoc

• Martin B-26 Marauder

• Northrop P-61 Black Widow

• Lockheed Hudson

• Bristol Beaufighter

• De Havilland Mosquito

Edited by TonyT

Tony, I believe Bob's asking about the status of the former Wingscale B-25 kit. In other words, after Wingscale lost control of it, what's happened to it?

Kev

They were on some Chinese website as available in a largish order last I saw

I know that after this month if they don't show up or if there is no news of them I will probably cancel my two I have on pre order. I would think if a company was going to produce these that at least they would keep the modelers updated as to when they would be out. There are a lot of other models that are out that I would like to have. It also has made me not want to pre order anything again. It is sad because I was looking forward to a couple of the B-25's. Dan

Far as I'm concerned they can keep it over in Dungdong China or wherever...

Agreed! Though lately I have mostly returned to my ship building roots, I was very interested in the B-25s. But, after the way they treated Martin, I think I'll pass. Same on the planned B-17G, though I'd about give up a body part to have a 1/32 B-17. In good conscience I can't subsidize the people who treated Martin so shabbily. But, the good news is that Martin's new company looks like it will be doing a B-25!

Thanks for your information guys.

Bob

Edited by robtmelvin

This saga seems to get curiouser and curiouser with every passing day. As has been noted in a previous topic, Hannants currently lists both the original Wing Scale 1/32 B-25s and B-17 as "future releases" along with Martin's ongoing efforts through his reborn company WingXL. However, the impression one gets is that they are all from the same company, which we know isn't correct.

Assuming that some as yet unknown company in China was starting up production of Martin's stolen work, I called Sprue Bros. to find out if they were aware of this developement and if they would be offering these kits in the forseeable future. They told me they knew nothing about it.

Seems to me, though, that Hannants wouldn't go to the bother of creating a page of future releases unless they had some fairly reliable inside information. But what do I know?

Does anybody know what the **** is going on here?

Incidentally, I noticed that the Hannants announcement included Martin's pics of the B-17 prototype, one of which showed Martin holding the aircraft. You can't see his face, but we all know it's Martin. Talk about adding insult to injury!

Jerry Peterson

Does anybody know what the **** is going on here?

Jerry Peterson

There's a few threads on this Jerry but most of it well reasoned speculation and not much more. I guess the safe money is on providing plenty of encouragement for a mans vision to bring some 1/32 twins to modellers but at the same time simply waiting until its in the shops before reaching for the wallet.

It might be a little harsh to suggest Martins work has been stolen though. Its not overly hard to read between the lines of even Martins posts to understand that most of us in the public arena don't and really ought not to have the complete picture of what transpired. Its a shame how it all transpired.

In the fullness of time all will be revealed one way or another...

Cheers Matty

Guest Peterpools

For my money, I'm happy Martin is bringing out his version of the B-25 and the other 32nd scale kits in due time. As for the Chinese company, why waste our time guessing who it it. Is it really important? As far as I am concerned, i really don't care at this point and wouldn't buy anything from them anyway.

Just my two cents worth.

:o :closedeyes: :(

Peter

Edited by Peterpools