Best source for Hasegawa sprue replacement?

GVINCENT

Hi,

Anyone have success ordering replacement sprues from Hasegawa? Or a dealer/hobby shop?

I want to replace the windscreen from my P-40E that has the extra frame. I've heard their P-40K kit was corrected and the extra frame deleted. I prefer this option as opposed to sanding it off.

Thanks for any leads!

Gary V.

Hobbylink Japan can provide sprues replacements. They have a prodcedure you'll need to follow here but they can get them for you, if they're available. The newer P-40E's have the correct windscreen in them. I just got myself an Aleutian Tiger copy and it's got the correct windscreen in it.

Edited by TimC

I can confirm what Jennings said. I wrote to HLJ looking for the same clear part in February. After the eartquake they wrote to me to say that they were "in the process of reorganising the service" although they did not give me a precise timeline. It was not a "no" but more of a "wait a little". I guess you can still write to them using the form on their site - they will let you know then what the situation is.

I can oply hope they will reinstate the service soon.

Radu

I have ordered the exact part you are looking for for my P-40E from Tower Hobbies/Hobbico who is the current US Distributor for Hasegawa kits.

Give them a call at (217)398-8970, select option #3, and talk to Mary Ann.

Hi,

Anyone have success ordering replacement sprues from Hasegawa? Or a dealer/hobby shop?

I want to replace the windscreen from my P-40E that has the extra frame. I've heard their P-40K kit was corrected and the extra frame deleted. I prefer this option as opposed to sanding it off.

Thanks for any leads!

Gary V.

Hi Gary:

I have a P-40 windscreen without the frame in question, if you're talking about the ice breaker window on the left side. I would be willing to trade you for yours. Let me know if that's the part in question. I need one with the ice breaker window!

John

Thanks everyone! Can anyone tell me if the windscreen sprue is the same in the P40K as the P40E? The P40E windscreen is on sprue "W". Also the P40E is kit #ST-29. Do I need the kit # for the K?

Thanks again!

Gary V.

P38johnny,

I don't know what you're speaking of when you mention the "ice breaker window" The windscreen in the early kits had an extra frame on each side of the windscreen. I have heard that it was done incorrectly for some reason but it was fixed in later releases of the P-40.

If that's what you're talking about I could trade! Makes my life easier! Maybe some can post pictures of the differences?

Gary

Edited by GVINCENT

I have ordered the exact part you are looking for for my P-40E from Tower Hobbies/Hobbico who is the current US Distributor for Hasegawa kits.

Give them a call at (217)398-8970, select option #3, and talk to Mary Ann.

How much did they charge?

Cheers,

Doug

Hi Gary:

The "ice breaker" window appeared on later versions of the P-40. It was on the left side of the windscreen and actually was hinged to open to clean the windscreen. Hasegawa incorrectly moulded these frames on both sides of the windscreen on the first E boxing, and didn't really do the "ice breaker" panel correctly on the left side in their N version either, but it's close enough to work with. I would be glad to trade you a "clear" windscreen for one with the frames. I'll deal with removing the frame on the right side.

John

P38johnny,

I don't know what you're speaking of when you mention the "ice breaker window" The windscreen in the early kits had an extra frame on each side of the windscreen. I have heard that it was done incorrectly for some reason but it was fixed in later releases of the P-40.

If that's what you're talking about I could trade! Makes my life easier! Maybe some can post pictures of the differences?

Gary

P38johnny,

PM Sent with address! Please send me your address!

Gary

Hi Gary:

The "ice breaker" window appeared on later versions of the P-40. It was on the left side of the windscreen and actually was hinged to open to clean the windscreen. Hasegawa incorrectly moulded these frames on both sides of the windscreen on the first E boxing, and didn't really do the "ice breaker" panel correctly on the left side in their N version either, but it's close enough to work with. I would be glad to trade you a "clear" windscreen for one with the frames. I'll deal with removing the frame on the right side.

John