HE162 White 23

miamiangler

Hello everyone ,

I will be using the aircrafts original codes before the British changed out the tail (120230)

willinew014.jpg

This is a Revell 1/32nd jet I started years ago but didn`t get to far .In the last few months the project has been moving along at a good pace until I started the Arado 196. I always wanted to do white 23. Thanks to Ian from Ad Astra Masks who did a great job with the masks. It is now possible for me to complete the project!

willie005.jpg

The Aftermarket goodies are from Eduard and CMK . I am using the interior and exterior sets from Eduard . From CMK I have the Engine which is the long project with all the detail that goes with it . Also the CMK gun bays which needs alittle improving .A web site that helped my build along is Memorial Flight Association Http://memorial.flight.free.fr/indexuk.html There`s a cool vid you have to see of the working landing gear from a restored 162 .

Here`s all of my references :

Williecraft010.jpg

First I corrected the opening for the flare pistol.

willi004.jpg

Now the next pic`s will be the cockpit , it is all Eduard interior set , fine wires ,lead wire .

willi005.jpg

willi006.jpg

willi007.jpg

Thanks for looking ,

Willi

Edited by miamiangler

Hi Willi, your pit is looking very convincing already. I found a colour photo of White 23 taken shortly after its capture in The Modelller's luftwaffe painting guide describing the camo as RLM 71 on top with 76 on the undersurfaces.

Looking forward to your next instalments on this build.

Regards,

Hans

Thanks for all the interest ,

Jeroen, I dropped the flaps doing it old school ,just cut the parts off and use sheet plastic for filler so far it looks pretty good. I also loaded the nose cone with #9 lead shot .

Hans , That`s one reason I liked this aircraft , in the Closeup 11 from Momogram it stated dark green with dark olive topsides 76 lower and 65 on the gear doors . the dark olive is close to the US color used on the AR234 not the field applyed RLM81 .as for the dark green I am leaning more to 71 but might be RLM 82 dark green .

dodgem37 ,I used masking tape in layers and painted it with different shades of brown. BTW the interior colors aren`t that bright color it`s the flash from the camera!

More interior photo`s:

willinew004.jpg

willi012.jpg

willinew019.jpg

willinew017.jpg

willinew020.jpg

willinew016.jpg

That`s all for now ,Thank`s for looking .

Willi

Hello everyone here`s another update:

The seat from the He 162 without the seat belts at this time . I used the eduard set which is not that bad and added some detail to the back of the seat. Even if it can`t be seen it`s there.

willi014.jpg

willi013.jpg

willi009.jpg

Thanks for looking hope to start on the gun bays soon .

Willi

I thought about going with the quick boost seat but yours looks really good. Seems a good way to go.

Hi Matt , I was going to get a Quick boost seat at first ,but when I put this seat together ,it didnt look too bad .Plus it fits into the rails .

I might get more work done on both projects this weekend ! Looks like the Hurricane is going to miss Miami and be a problem for the folks up North!

Willi

Edited by miamiangler

Small Update:

I started work on the gunbays . Originally it was going to be the left gun bay open since Eduard only gives that side .I decided to open up the right side so I had to reproduce the parts out of plastic .I did not like the CMK parts at all .

willi004.jpg

Getting ready to spray the duraluminum

willinew013.jpg

The parts I had to reproduce in plastic

willinew006.jpg

Added some detail to the guns

willinew015.jpg

This is probably not going to be seen ,but with the hole drilled out some of it might . Added the Oxygen bottles ,hydralic lines red -silver and the elevator and rudder controls.

willinew016.jpg

Edited by miamiangler

Hello everyone,

Here`s another update :

This weekend I finally put the Fuse together .A long time waiting since 2005 . It took two days starting from the back to the front. Getting all the PE and wiring to fit ,but I managed to get it together with very little problems.

willie020-1.jpg

I added the elevator and dropped them old school. I just added some sheet plastic and filling .

willie021-1.jpg

The same thing for the flaps.

willie022-1.jpg

willie019-1.jpg

Well that`s all for today .Thanks for stopping by !

Willi

Edited by miamiangler