WNW Sopwith Pup in dutch colors

jeroenpeters

hi Jeroen, though i'm totally "not" into biplanes and WW1 aircraft, i'm impressed with the quality of your work, looks like you're having a great time building. I'm anxious to see the end result.

J.

Beautiful work Jeroen!

Decals certainly are the "leap of faith" for modelers.

Couldn't agree more Doug. I've had several builds over the last few years ruined at the decalling stage, and it's so frustrating. It's no wonder that paint masks are becoming so popular.

Kev

Thanx Jamme.

And here is how it sets.

After a coat of matt varnish it should leave you with a painted on look.

Cheers,

Jeroen

pup28.jpg

Looking really good Jeroen. The one thing I'd like to suggest is that the doped fabric usually had something of a semi-gloss sheen to it rather than a dead flat finish. This is going to be a gorgeous model when done!

Cheers,

Wolf

Looking really good Jeroen. The one thing I'd like to suggest is that the doped fabric usually had something of a semi-gloss sheen to it rather than a dead flat finish. This is going to be a gorgeous model when done!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi Wolf,

You're right. I'll finish this pup with a satin coat.

Actually the Matt coating I use usually dries up that way.

Thanx.

Cheers,

Jeroen

hi Jeroen, though i'm totally "not" into biplanes and WW1 aircraft, i'm impressed with the quality of your work, looks like you're having a great time building. I'm anxious to see the end result.

J.

Hi Jack,

It is indeed a very enjoyable little kit!

I was (and am) also not into the whole biplane theme.

It's just that it's something else for a change.

As mentioned I recieved the Hansa yesterday and just stopped

by the LHS (aviationmegastore) and got me some Model Master Spandau barrels and LMG barrel.

I pass that store almost every day, which is good to keep the stash to support the ceiling.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Beautiful work Jeroen!

Couldn't agree more Doug. I've had several builds over the last few years ruined at the decalling stage, and it's so frustrating. It's no wonder that paint masks are becoming so popular.

Kev

Of course, as every model I build has at least one major disaster happen before it's done, I thought I would use masks for my Legion Condor Eduard 109E as it had gone without a hitch to that point. Unfortunately, masks do not guarantee a disaster free build as the ones on the fuselage ripped up the paint when I took them off - complete strip down and start again :(

Sorry for the hijack Jeroen!

Edited by DougN

• 1 month later...

Ahem .... any more ???

This one's for Obant!

All the control surfaces are ready. Decals on.

The decals on the rudder turned out great actually. Where would we be without Micro Sol / Set?

I'll add some copper wire in the control surfaces and insert those in the wings for a better construction.

Next step is adding the little metal eyes to attach the rigging.

Cheers,

Jeroen

pup29.jpg

Wow, thanks Jeroen - mighty kind of you.

Looking forward to even more. Cheers,

Obant.

(Now, where to track him down again ? .... U-Boat VIIc Conning Tower, Spitfire, Albatros D.V. or ????)

frantic.gif

Well.... I was actually tempted to get back to an earlier stalled project:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=28011&st=0&p=241426&hl=+jeroenpeters%20+revell%20+162&fromsearch=1entry241426

Thank god for bread crumbs!

• 1 year later...