Airfix Mosquito

Max N

Thanks for the nice comments Phil & Martyn, I appreciate it.

Can anyone give me some advice?

The canopy is a bit of a mess. I used Montex masks and some of the 'gummy' adhesive is stuck to the clear parts of the canopy. What would be a good cleaner to use - something that won't damage the clear parts or affect the paint?

Would isopropyl alcohol be OK?

Had the same thing with my Hurricane with those masks!

Isopropyl alcohol will be ok unless you have dipped the canopies in Klear as it will start to remove the Klear as well.

I ended up using numerous cotton buds after giving it the old hot breath treatment to make it fog as you would a pair of specs.

You have to watch out for any dust grit that may scratch during your polishing.

Not nice to say it but saliva actually helps if you wet the cotton bud with your tongue.

It takes a while but the gloop will eventually polish off.

HTH

Phil

I still have quite a bit to do before she's finished, but I couldn't wait any longer - I wired everything together to check the electronics was working OK. Just a reminder, all the clever stuff was done by Clyde Sasaki at Dynamic Scale Modelling. I need to make up a base to hide all the electronics and the speakers.

Anyway, here's a video:

th_mosquito.jpg

Can anyone give me some advice?
The canopy is a bit of a mess. I used Montex masks and some of the 'gummy' adhesive is stuck to the clear parts of the canopy. What would be a good cleaner to use - something that won't damage the clear parts or affect the paint?
Would isopropyl alcohol be OK?

Don't know where you are from, so maybe you can get Goo Gone? I had a canopy with Future and Gunze paints on it. My fault has been to let the canopy in the sun for the colours to dry faster... Couldn't get this "gummy goo" off when i had pulled the masks off. Accidently a friend gave me a bottle of Goo Gone some weeks before so i gave it a try.

And it worked like a breeze! All the Goo is Gone (pun intended)! The canopy is like new, the clear parts sparkling, the Gunze paint without any damage! Great stuff!

Looking your video now!

Thomas

Don't know where you are from, so maybe you can get Goo Gone? I had a canopy with Future and Gunze paints on it. My fault has been to let the canopy in the sun for the colours to dry faster... Couldn't get this "gummy goo" off when i had pulled the masks off. Accidently a friend gave me a bottle of Goo Gone some weeks before so i gave it a try.

And it worked like a breeze! All the Goo is Gone (pun intended)! The canopy is like new, the clear parts sparkling, the Gunze paint without any damage! Great stuff!

Looking your video now!

Thomas

Thanks Thomas - I will look out for 'Goo Gone' - For now I used Isopropyl alcohol. It damaged some of the green paint on the internal framing but I don't think its noticeable.

vERY COOL!

I too am getting a set from Clyde for my upcoming B-25 build. Looks to be awesome stuff!

:wow: :wow: :wow:

Incredible fun to watch!

If only there would be an initial cloud of fumes coming out of the exhausts ...

Funny you should mention that Tomek, as Clyde actually DOES have that. Its not quite up to the R & D stage some of the rest of the technologies are at, but its pretty freaking cool.

Again, this one is a prototype, so im sure more development is in the works.

Dynamic Scale Modeling start up smoke

Clyde has also developed a SUPER cool jet exhaust as well:

SU-27 Flanker exhaust

Good on ya Max, looking great!

Cheers,

Brian