Revell Hawk

heraldcoupe

I like it too...........but yeah, would hope the AM for it would follow suit and provide some more detail.

Anyone know what decals it comes with?

Im kinda digging both the us Navy version.........

T45DirtyPass.jpg

AND also really like the "ripped Union Jack" of the RAF 208® SQN as well........

X48078.jpg

Brian

Hi Bill, thanks for the link.

It looks like a Hawk to me. :speak_cool:

What surprises me is how little care is taken when preparing these test shots. You'd think that photo of a model for public scrutiny would have less glue splashed around or would have the sprue stubs cleaned up at least and adjoining parts lined up neatly...... :rolleyes:

Perhaps since this is only a test shot those sort of basic ideas are n't considered important?

Howver, I can imagine this model being very popular for Revell and I'm eager to see how the finished item looks, resplendent in Red :popcorn:

:piliot:

I like it too...........but yeah, would hope the AM for it would follow suit and provide some more detail.

Anyone know what decals it comes with?

Im kinda digging both the us Navy version.........

Brian

Especially if it's a yellow wing version !

Hubert.

Especially if it's a yellow wing version !

Hubert.

:wow:

Nice Hubert!!!

Good find.

Im not sure how much more work it would be to make a T-45 from the OOB BAE Hawk, but from the looks of things (and the consistently lower price of the Revell line) I would say it would DEFINITELY be in the realm of possibility. Looks like some of the major differences (typically in Navy craft) seems to be under the tail/dive brake/tail hook area.

Im REALLY digging that Navy yellow wings scheme Hubert thanks for the link! I think one of those would be the one I would make and makes me want a hawk even more now. Might even be able to pic up a yellow wings 1/32 decal sheet from some other WWII airframe, that may have some useful insignias on it.

i especially like the first "A" tail one they showed that was not completely painted yet with the all red nose and light blue tail!

Cheers,

Brian

NOICE!!!!

You da man Hubert!

Thanks for posting. Thats exactly what I would need to finish off a home made decal sheet for the commemorative Navy yellow wings Goshawk (likely with the help of an actual YellowWings decal sheet )

Cheers,

Brian

NOICE!!!!

You da man Hubert!

Thanks for posting. Thats exactly what I would need to finish off a home made decal sheet for the commemorative Navy yellow wings Goshawk (likely with the help of an actual YellowWings decal sheet )

Cheers,

Brian

Thank you all, guys.

Looks sweet and I am looking forward to it.

Jozef

Yar........

Ive just been doing some scant research on the differences between the Navy T-45 and the BAE Goshawk. Eh......is going to take quite some effort to make even a fairly accurate T-45 out of a BAE Goshawk; but it can be done. It is just going to require a bit of scratch-work......

New repositioned dive brakes, scratched tail hook, entirely new front landing gear, filled and shaped nose..........ect ect. May be worth waiting for an OOB T-45....but one may spend the rest of thier life waiting for one......

Brian

I hope this is just a test shot and they plan on adding more detail?

That cockpit and landing gear bays look pretty sparse in those pics.

I've seen this listed on two UK models sites for a very low price, one guy (Relish models) had to double check too, but apparently the projected RRP in the UK is something silly like £17.99, you'd be hard pushed to find a 1/72 kit of a similar aircraft at this price these days.

If the price is correct, then we can probably consider this as a (slightly) blank canvas, I've already seen projected super detail parts from the fringe company's for it listed elsewhere. Crikey, but even if Revell had provided more detail and sold it for three or four times as much, some would still discard the provided detail and want aftermarket :)

Maybe Revell are reacting to the down turn in the economy and providing kits that sell and make a profit for what they do, and still leave the door open for the cottage industry for after market super detail parts?

Time will tell.