Better 1/24 Hurricane?

Barry

Barry,

If you don't know, why worry.

Build either one or both of them.

Cheers

Cees

ok, i don't know if you two guys always have funny banter, and i don't want to get into a flame war here, but seriously Cees, exactly how is your response helpful?

now, maybe if i was asking the original question i would qualify it or at least show that i have read various reviews etc, but i would not be that impressed to get such a response

like i said, if this is a private joke between you, then pls ignore my post

Nick

(uber bored watching the football)...ignorance is not bliss if half way through you realise you're building something which has a much better version in production out there...

either way, i don't think the response was helpful

as i type Spain score...yawn

:)

The question was a serious inquiry as to which kit builds into the most accurate reproduction.

I have the Airfix Spit and 109 and would like a Hurricane in the same scale.

I know that the Airfix kits though long in the tooth can be built into very nice models.

Is it worth the effort for the Airfix Hurricane or should I avoid some of the issues and use the Trumpeter kit instead?

Barry

(uber bored watching the football)...ignorance is not bliss if half way through you realise you're building something which has a much better version in production out there...

either way, i don't think the response was helpful

as i type Spain score...yawn

:)

Hi Nick,

The question should have been formulated differently / more accurately.

'Better' is subjective. Accurate is 'objective'.

Thanks Barry, for your clarification. The Trumpeter kit is superior is in many ways.

Have fun.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Barry..

I haven't built the trumpeter kit, but when i was researching a purchase for my mk II B project, i looked at several and actually got to fondle the plastic of the Trumpy MK II C a friend of mine is building right now and it's a SERIOUSLY nice kit. I haven't seen the airfix kit, but according to my buddy his is building up nicely with no need for aftermarket and no major or even minor issues.. I also inquired on here (I don't trust on-line reviews from other sites much anymore) and the people who've actualy built the trumpy kit have had good things to say about it..supposedly it scales out about right and the interior is for the most part correct. It is, however, twice the price..

decisions.. decisions!

hope that didn't muddy up the waters even more for ya!

Jerry

Thanks to ALL not only do I have my answer but it was quite interesting reading the responses.

I've been watching the one on ebay.

I love this Hobby, Barry

Which is generally the better 1/24 Hurricane kit; Airfix or Trumpeter?

Without a doubt, the Trumpeter is probably one of the best kits they have produced. Very accurate, sharp, crisp with no flash or sink holes that can be seen.The decals suck but I used a stencil and the Techmod 303 SDN Polish decals for a MK I. It has a great cockpit, engine and surface detail. The Airfix kit was a great kit back in the day but the Trumpeter kit is beautiful. $70 is a great buy. You will be very pleased.

That's my take

Hi Nick,

And I'll bite my tongue on these remarks untill the feeling of defeat has settled.

De groenten,

Jeroen

hey Jeroen,

sorry for your loss in the football - as a neutral i was supporting you guys

now you can throw all your energies into LSP and modelling!!!

:unsure:

Nick