High flying tribute to our Russ...

Derek B

OK, all done Derek!

Kev

Thank you Kev - It all seems to flow pretty well really :speak_cool:

Russ was pretty keen to put figures in many of his models (as long as they had the pose he was looking for, although he was very adept at tranforming blobs of unrecognisable plastic that supposedly pass for figures into something very close to works of art).

Figures are not really my strong point as I can never finish them to look like anything other than like manikins. However, I would like to include a figure with the finished Welkin (preferably standing somewhere close to the aircraft - not in the cockpit), just to provide a sense of scale to this beast, so if anyone out there can suggest a good WW II RAF pilot figure that I can purchase, I would be grateful?

Thanks

Derek

so if anyone out there can suggest a good WW II RAF pilot figure that I can purchase, I would be grateful?

Thanks

Derek

Hi Derek,

I found this from Dartmoor Military Models.

They also have a Flight Commander with clipboard (p2 in the catalogue, click the 1/32nd scale pilot window).

Alternatively, Paul Fisher sells his resin 1/32nd scale FAA pilot seperatley to the Sea Fury. Perhaps that one would do?

HTH

:speak_cool:

Hi Derek,

I found this from Dartmoor Military Models.

They also have a Flight Commander with clipboard (p2 in the catalogue, click the 1/32nd scale pilot window).

Alternatively, Paul Fisher sells his resin 1/32nd scale FAA pilot seperatley to the Sea Fury. Perhaps that one would do?

HTH

:speak_cool:

Thanks GW, great figures...Both are excellent, but still not quite right for the archetypal Sqn test pilot type that I had in mind, however, the Fisher one looks closest of the two for my needs at the moment, so I shall keep an open mind :beer:

Many thanks

Derek

Thanks GW, great figures...Both are excellent, but still not quite right for the archetypal Sqn test pilot type that I had in mind, however, the Fisher one looks closest of the two for my needs at the moment, so I shall keep an open mind :speak_cool:

Many thanks

Derek

You can also try PJ Productions pilot. These are great figurines !

Hubert.

Will be watching this one with great interest Derek.

Looking forward to seeing your progress Master!

Phil :speak_cool:

Thanks Phil :)

I am very busy at the moment, so I don't think that I shall be getting my teeth fully into the Welkin until the beginning of July, but I shall obviously dust it off, have a look at it and maybe even tinker with it a little in the meantime...Stay tuned!

Cheers

Derek