Me-262A-1a R4M rockets

SWApilot

I am doing research for a Trumpeter 1/32 Me 262A-1a that I want to build as General Adolf Galland's Me 262 "White <<" from JV 44 using EagleCals #127. I see that this bird carried R4M rockets. I know Jerry Rutman did R4M rockets and racks for the ME 262 but they are no longer listed on his website. So, the only R4M rockets that I can find on the web are Eagle Editions EP#60-32 which are R4M rockets and racks for the FW 190D-9. Will these work?

Not sure if the rocket attachments were the same.

You might try Jerry here on the site and see if he can still get you a set. His ID is jrutman.

Also, might drop a note in the Traders Forum and see if anyone has a set lying around.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!!!

Radu makes a set on his site.... RB Productions. They look very nice!!! Have to pick up a set myself!

I don't think they went ahead. I spoke to Radu a while back (over 6 months) and he said he wasn't happy with some aspect of the moulding and did not believe they were up to standard to sell. He may have had more success recently though. I am thinking of getting a set from Eagle myself for my ongoing 262 (which will have the same markings) and has become my opus!!

My R4M rockets are no longer on my store list because they were a nightmare to make. I sold only 10 of them and whoever has them (I have the list, most of them members of this forum, one actually has two) should keep them as the "hen's teeth" that they truly are. :speak_cool: I am not trying to "build them up" too much, but honestly, those 10 sets that come with the launch rails, rockets and the photo-etched parts are the only sets there ever were and will ever be.

The problem is the "rockets". There are 24 rockets and each rocket is made in 2 parts, so we are talking 48 parts for the rockets alone. The parts are very small and even the smallest air bubble would cause havoc. I just could not get them cast and the failure rate (i.e. spoilt parts due to air bubbles) caused untold irritation. Packing had to be done under a magnifying glass, counting and inspecting 48 parts per package. Multiply that with any number of packages and you can get the picture. Life's too short to... (insert tedious job description here).

I always wanted to go back to it and try to devise some way to sort out the problem.

The "launch rails" should be no problem, they are made and can be released, but without the rockets. If there is interest, just let me know and I can get them going in no time at all.

Radu

PS - I made the masters for the Eagle Editions rockets too. :blink:

post-683-1273133908.jpg

My R4M rockets are no longer on my store list because they were a nightmare to make. I sold only 10 of them and whoever has them (I have the list, most of them members of this forum, one actually has two) should keep them as the "hen's teeth" that they truly are. :speak_cool: I am not trying to "build them up" too much, but honestly, those 10 sets that come with the launch rails, rockets and the photo-etched parts are the only sets there ever were and will ever be.

The problem is the "rockets". There are 24 rockets and each rocket is made in 2 parts, so we are talking 48 parts for the rockets alone. The parts are very small and even the smallest air bubble would cause havoc. I just could not get them cast and the failure rate (i.e. spoilt parts due to air bubbles) caused untold irritation. Packing had to be done under a magnifying glass, counting and inspecting 48 parts per package. Multiply that with any number of packages and you can get the picture. Life's too short to... (insert tedious job description here).

I always wanted to go back to it and try to devise some way to sort out the problem.

The "launch rails" should be no problem, they are made and can be released, but without the rockets. If there is interest, just let me know and I can get them going in no time at all.

Radu

PS - I made the masters for the Eagle Editions rockets too. :blink:

Radu,

I hope I wasn't out of line in my response. I think I got it close to the mark and I'm glad you clarified the position. I will email about a set of rails.

Regards,

Radu,

I hope I wasn't out of line in my response.

Regards,

Not at all! :piliot:

The situation needed some clarification.

If there is interest in these rails, I will add them to the store. It will take a couple of weeks though...

Radu