Revell 1/28 Fokker D-VII

Hacker

Now that's a cool little Fokker right there! Some day when that Fokker is done its gonna be the best Fokker on the shelf at your house! I've been meaning to get me one of those Fokkers myself! :)

OK enough with the fokker jokes..Seriously, Nice work on the frame cant wait to see more!

ok one more...

If you took it to a contest and others like it were present.. they could have thier own catagory at the event called "meet the Fokkers!"

Paul

:)

Hacker,

Lining up all that rod or tube plastic has to have been a to be a pain in the butt but you seem to have it all squared up and straight! Looks great! I have had to do a few tube frame type projects on large scale model ships and they about drove me off the deep end.. I ended up making a jig to hold it all while I carefully glued things.

Keep goin cant wait to see what she turns into!

Paul

:)

Well progress has been slow due to other matters that need my attention. So far here is what l have done

post-542-1271026741.jpg

l have cut the right upper wing off at the third rib from the center in preparation for building the wing structure in its place

post-542-1271026824.jpg

At the same time l cut of the right lower wing off as well for the same treatment later

post-542-1271026771.jpg

here is how far l have gotten so far with it

post-542-1271026797.jpg

l also cut off the right side of the horizontal stabilizer and build the structure for it as well as a new rudder and vertical stabilizer

The wings will be the most hardest part as there is a lot of trail and error with this as each rib is different even though the width remains constant

that is all for now have to get back at it soon.

• 3 weeks later...
So Hacker how's the Fokker coming along?

Well between working and a dying from a nasty cold l managed to get some work done on the Fokker. My computer is not too good at the moment and is destined to be replaced but l will try to show you what l have been doing

post-542-1273205535.jpg

post-542-1273205570.jpg

l managed to get the upper wings done they just need some tweaking to finish them off

post-542-1273206242.jpg

post-542-1273206263.jpg

l also using the same construction methods to build the lower wings

post-542-1273206307.jpg

post-542-1273206329.jpg

using the lower part of the landing gear l attached the struts to the fuselage

post-542-1273206382.jpg

post-542-1273206554.jpg

post-542-1273206577.jpg

the final work done was to attach the fuselage struts for the upper wing.

and so this is where it stands at the moment.

l just have to make the right aileron for the upper wing and we can start dong some painting. The first paint to go on will be primer to check for errors and blimishes and correct them before l apply the aluminum paint and the wood colors on it.

well that is all for now

later

I was wondering what happend to this project!

I cant wait to see some paint on that Fokker!

Looking way to cool!, Im glad to see you didnt give up and very impressed with what youve acomplished so far.

Keep up the Fanstastic work!

Paul

:goodjob:

My whole aim here is to do the right side exposed and do the other side covered and or painted (depending where the build takes me. :speak_cool:

So you have not yet picked a scheme?

So you have not yet picked a scheme?

l was going to do just a generic factory scheme. The plane would be as if it had not yet been assigned to a squadron

Hacker,

Amazing work my friend.Looks as if the bad cold hasn't dulled your talent in the least.Keep us updated as to your progress.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette :speak_cool: :piliot: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: