Revell 1/28 Fokker D-VII

Hacker

Looking real good Hacker. :m0152: I'd paint ignition wires, as they seemed to be black on the original. As to the brass plumbing, I'd paint it also..

post-542-1283715545.jpg

Taking typhoon's advice l painted the wires black and for constrast l painted the plumbing gunship grey

post-542-1283715585.jpg

in order to install the engine l had to cut off the one side of the cowling. l wanted to modify it anyways. Ok here we go

post-542-1283715630.jpg

post-542-1283715645.jpg

post-542-1283715660.jpg

HOLY COW BATMAN IT FITS!!!!! :lol:

That is all for now gang time for a beer and relax

later

Thanks for the good words

As l move along with finishing off the cockpit details l realize soon l will have to start covering the left side,upper and lower fuselage. The upper is no brainier here as it already half done but the left side and the lower fuselage represents a challenge. One idea is to use the thinnest sheet plastic available to me which would be 5 thou. it is thin enough to let some light through but thick enough not to let too much through. The trick would be to decal both sides. One with the same decal l used on the wings and another decal that is reversed and faded to represent the bleed through of the inks to the other side. The other trick would be to make sure the patterns line up on both sides as any that is out of lineament would should show if light was shone on the decaled plastic.

I would be interested in any comments that you should have on this

later

I wonder how well a light tan tissue applied with thinned white glue would work? maybe the tissue used in the old balsa free flight kits (I used to build in the 70's) or tissue used for gifting will work also.

Apply in panels (left side, bottom using thinned white glue around the boarders, let dry then mist with water to tighten. Then seal with a water proof clear finish and apply the decal lozenge just to the outside.

It would show through into the inside. If it doesn't look good after applying with white glue it can be removed pretty easily.

Just an idea

Depending on the opacity of the decal film, it just might behave the way the original fabric did, showing the reversed, lighter lozenge on the interior. If you use .005 thickness clear sheet underneath decal, and on top of frame (held in place with Elmer's or equivalent), you'd kill two birds with one stone; structural rigidity, and avoiding the use of two decals matching one another.